Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Airbus Ventures is looking for applicants with 3-5 years of work experience in the Investment Banking, Venture Capital or Private Equity sectors. An Associate must be results-oriented with an ability to work independently and proactively. Successful Applicants are expected to demonstrate strong EQ, rapid and accurate research capabilities, and thorough company diligence and writing skills, in addition to having a strong grasp of venture capital and the startup ecosystem. Critically, an Associate must possess great attention to detail and be able to write investment memos that make a balanced case for and against a potential investment. Maturity, discretion and trustworthiness are hallmarks of success in the venture capital industry, and Airbus Ventures expects highest standards for ethical compliance and sound judgement.
- Conducting due diligence on new investment opportunities:
- Actively support all aspects of the due diligence process and workflows
- Conduct in-depth financial analyses including the creation of company operating models and evaluation of fundamental business economics
- Prepare company valuation materials
- Perform market and competitive research
- Prepare investment memos and other discussion materials
- Convey understanding of macro trends, and conduct customer/founder references
- Prepare DCF analysis on prospective portfolio companies
- Identifying new investment opportunities and themes:
- Source new investment opportunities through direct outreach and existing relationships
- Perform market research to identify investment trends, sectors, and themes
- Assess competitive landscapes and other market-mapping exercises
- Supporting active portfolio companies:
- Support occasional, short term project work for portfolio companies
- Help support portfolio review
- Other responsibilities supporting the investment team:
- Internal metrics benchmarking and data analysis
- Other projects as needed
- Craft and publish compelling content on best practices in company functions, industries/verticals, and in specific venture categories
- Financial modeling as needed
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
Education: Bachelor’s degree with a strong record of achievement
Experience: 3-5 years of experience
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
Excellent verbal and written communication in English, competency in other major languages a plus
- Frequent short-term travel based on business needs
- Authorized to Work in the US essential – US Citizenship preferred
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Ability to handle complex issues, tasks and scenarios and render key and clear recommendations based on best available information
IF interested, please apply here.