This role is within the investment team of Aditum Investment Management’s venture capital fund. Aditum Investment Management is an independent Investment Management company headquartered in Dubai. The venture capital team are dedicated venture capital investment professionals actively investing in early-stage technology companies from a capitalized venture fund.
What you’ll be doing
As a member of the venture team, your day-to-day activities will include a range of different tasks that all ultimately assist in building an exceptional portfolio of start-ups and supporting founders of those businesses. Some of the key activities will include:
- Generating and screening deal flow – leveraging your existing start-up ecosystem connections and building your network to source potential investment opportunities.
- Performing investment analysis – assisting with investment evaluation including review of company financials, business plans, transaction documents, and performing analysis on company projections and market analysis
- Researching new markets, trends, and technologies – performing industry and technology deep dives to generate insights that inform the fund’s evolving investment strategy
- Performing due diligence and preparing investment materials – gathering information from target companies and industry experts to support the preparation of Investment Committee materials
- Supporting portfolio company founders – discrete pieces of work to help portfolio companies succeed, such as assisting with future capital raises or strategic projects
- Portfolio administration – review of portfolio company reporting and assisting with quarterly reporting and annual audits for the venture fund
What you’ll bring to the team
- Analytical horsepower – you can form a view on the merits of a company or investment opportunity in ambiguous environments by examining markets, products, and teams and articulate your view clearly.
- Intellectual curiosity – you are always learning about new technologies and have strong views on what the greatest businesses of tomorrow will look like.
- Passion for venture capital and/or working with start-ups – you have a demonstrated track record of involving yourself in the start-up ecosystems, whether that is in a prior job, taking a course, volunteering with a start-up, or evening having a go out one yourself.
- Basic understanding of key venture capital and finance concepts – through work experience or reading in your own time you will be proficient with concepts of term sheets, capitalization table, simple financial statements, valuation analysis, and returns modeling.
- For analyst level, 1-2 years of relevant work experience. For Associates, 3-5 years of relevant work experience. Relevant work experience could include banking, management consulting, venture capital, private equity, working at a start-up or accelerator, or it could be a completely unrelated field where you have gained experience that will give you an edge in finding, analyzing, and then supporting start-ups building enduring businesses.
- Academic qualifications – you’ll possess a bachelor’s degree with an outstanding academic record
- Advanced excel skills, computing programming experience, MBA and/or prior experience at a venture fund is a plus.
Aditum Investment Management Limited is an independent, privately-owned Investment Management company, dedicated to providing GCC investors access to a global spectrum of conventional and Shari’a compliant asset management solutions through investment funds, separately managed accounts, and structured products, both managed in-house and with globally renowned investment partners, in a variety of asset classes. Our client-centric approach enables us to marry global opportunities with regional trends to create a unique product set for investors across the region.
If interested, please apply here.