500 Startups is a venture capital firm on a mission to discover and back the world’s most talented entrepreneurs, help them create successful companies at scale, and build thriving global ecosystems. It is one of the most active venture capital firms in the world.
Since its inception in Silicon Valley, 500 Startups has invested in over 2,400 companies via its 5 global funds and 16 thematic funds dedicated to either specific geographic markets or verticals. Its 100+ team members are located in as many as 20 countries around the world in order to support the 500 Startups global portfolio of investments which spans more than 75 countries.
Beyond providing seed capital, 500 supports startups via their Seed Accelerator Programs which emphasize digital marketing, customer acquisition, lean startup practices, and fundraising for pre-Seed companies. 500 Startups further contributes to the development of innovation ecosystems by supporting startups and investors through educational programs, events, conferences, and partnerships with corporations and governments around the world.
- Deal sourcing and due diligence on potential investments in primarily Singapore
- Preparing financial models and analysis where required
- Managing and updating the deal pipeline and all information systems relating to deals from sourcing to exit
- Preparing deal memorandums and risk assessments for all new and follow on investments
- Preparing research reports and decks for the General Partners
- Managing tracking and reporting efforts for existing portfolio, including valuation of portfolio companies and other special projects
- Supporting the portfolio with their needs, especially follow-on funding
- Attending and speaking at events to build networks with ecosystem players
- 2 to 4 years of investing experience in VC or PE preferred and prioritised. Similar experience in investment banking / finance or working in fast-paced environments with a focus on financial analysis with a strong business acumen will also be considered.
- MBA preferred. Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Business / Finance or related field required.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills, including data and financial analysis. Knowledgeable about how technology companies operate and scale
- Proven knowledge and interest in startup / venture ecosystem and technology trends especially in SEA through prior work / output / activities
- Ability to multitask and manage a huge number of varied deals and tasks, while keeping to timelines and maintaining a high quality of work
- Ability to easily understand and assess business models, people and market opportunities
- Ability to embark on deep, studied research where necessary
- Proven attention to detail and rigour of analysis through prior work
- Comfortable with a variety of responsibilities and working in a lean team
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction but high expectations
- Flexibility with international travel at short notice
- Proficient in G Suite tools
Due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
If interested, please apply here.