Based in New York with offices in NYC, London, and Madrid, 14W is an early-stage, consumer-focused venture capital firm specializing in Consumer Internet, Marketplaces, Health & Wellness, Ecommerce, and Digital Media across the US and Europe. With a focus on Series A & B stage opportunities, 14W portfolio companies include Wallapop, K Health, Lyst, Maven Clinic, Glossier, Everlane, Goop, and Tempest. Exits include The RealReal, Reformation, Letgo, Food52, Managed by Q, and Treatwell.
We are seeking an Analyst / Associate (2–3 years of work experience) to join us for an immediate start. You will be an integral part of a lean team (#2 on the US or UK investment team) and will execute fundamental qualitative and quantitative analysis on potential and existing investments, work directly with portfolio companies, perform fundamental thematic research, and source new investment opportunities.
We are looking for a high EQ, motivated, and results-driven Analyst / Associate to work within our flat structure. This person will be a valued member of the team and will play a key role identifying new opportunities, performing fundamental thematic research, conducting due diligence, and helping managing portfolio companies. Role is based in NYC or London.
- Track consumer trends and formulate market ideas, preemptively sourcing companies as appropriate
- Identify and analyze new investment opportunities
- Conduct investment diligence including financial diligence, market analysis, customer interviews, and management references
- Initiate and maintain relationships with entrepreneurs and investors in the venture ecosystem
- Assist portfolio companies and monitor key financial and operating results of portfolio companies
- Help maintain internal fund reporting and investment trackers
- Relevant work experience (2–3 years), preferably from investment banking, venture capital / growth investing, consulting, or technology startup / relevant business development role
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint, attention to detail, and exceptional presentation and analytical / financial modeling skills
- Strong familiarity and passion for technology, media, ecommerce, and consumer internet investing
- High EQ individual with a demeanor and style that works well with fellow team members, entrepreneurs, and investors
- Self-motivated team player with a respect for diversity and inclusion who wants to be part of a highly collaborative team in an unstructured small group environment
- An excellent educational record from a top institution (please include GPA in resume)
A competitive base salary and bonus opportunity with a path to carry over time. This is not a two-year program. 14W views this as a long-term career opportunity at the firm. Our culture is to promote talent internally.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to email@example.com. Please do not contact members of the investment team directly. All emails will be forwarded back to firstname.lastname@example.org for initial screening.
In addition to a resume submission, please submit two short written answers to the below prompts.
Question 1: What is a compelling and investible sub-industry/theme within consumer internet that you are personally interested in? [Max 250 words]
Question 2: What are 1–2 non-14W backed early-stage companies we should evaluate for investment (less than $20M of capital already invested) and why do you find them interesting? Please include a description of their business model. [Max 250 words]