An exciting entrepreneurial opportunity for an investment professional with proven leadership skills to broaden their experience working with a different type of early stage venture capital organisation investing in engineering technologies of the future.
Key responsibilities include the coordination of Kero activity identifying and assessing prospective new investments, leading the investment transaction and engaging with the portfolio of investee companies to help them shape and execute their strategies. This will involve working with young startups and spinout companies from Universities communicating across a spectrum of levels and providing hands on support.
Based at our Chester office with travel throughout the UK, you will manage both Kero’s strategic and practical operational support for its investee companies and the corresponding growth and development of Kero to support its expanding portfolio.
Attributes: The role would suit an individual with the following attributes:
· Self-starter with team leadership and management experience
· Excellent networking skills
· Pragmatic and enthusiastic
· Team player at all levels
· Flexible in approach and communication style for different situations
· Confident and able to work in an unstructured manner and environment
· Investment Deal Negotiation Experience
· A sound business and line management grounding
· Team building, including recruitment
· Commercial / Organisational Development Strategy
· Company governance /Investor Director / Non-exec
· Leadership for early stage technology companies
· Private equity/venture capital company acquisitions and mergers
· Company formation and early stage establishment
· Intellectual property understanding
· New product/process development process
· Understanding of Technology transfer / research commercialization working with Universities
· Leadership and management of remote resources
· Engineering / Industrial / Manufacturing Sector experience
Person – Skills/Qualifications
· Business / Engineering / Science, degree level
· MBA or equivalent preferred
· High level of IT competence
· First class written and verbal communication and presentation skills
If you are interested in this position please send us your CV with a covering letter detailing your relevant experience and why would like to work with Kero by Friday, 28 August 2020.
Please note only candidates who will submit a covering letter with their application will be considered.
Application deadline: 28/08/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
If interested, please apply here.