Alumni Ventures Group is a fast-growing organization that builds and manages alumni and focused venture capital funds. Our corporate headquarters, located in Manchester, NH, provides support and other resources to our funds across the country. On an annual basis, these funds raise money from individual, accredited investors to invest in venture and other alternative assets. With over 140 team members in our offices in Manchester, Boston, New York, Chicago, Austin and San Francisco, AVG has launched more than 20 venture funds over the past six years. We are underway with plans for another dozen or so funds over the next few years. We are private, for-profit, and not part of any school.
We pride ourselves on making a key asset class accessible to investors who were previously shut out of venture capital—and our rapid growth confirms that we are addressing a real pain point for investors. Unlike most VC funds that raise money from a handful of institutions, our funds raise money in smaller amounts from a large group of investors, then build diverse venture portfolios for our investors. We don’t lead deals, but rather co-invest alongside established, well-known firms such as KP, Bessemer, Menlo Ventures, Mark Cuban, Andreessen, Khosla, NEA, and others.
About This Role
Alumni Ventures Group is seeking a professional to help raise capital from accredited individual investors into venture funds managed by AVG, in concert with our broker-dealer. The Senior Partner will be a Registered Representative supporting several large alumni funds, and working with those investing teams and their investor relations teams under the direction of AVG’s General Manager of Alumni Fund communities. This is a salaried position with an incentive compensation plan, working from either our offices in San Francisco, New York, Boston, or New Hampshire.
- Meet and exceed fundraising goals as established by HQ
- Quickly become an expert in AVG’s product offering and investment methodology
- Actively manage your pipeline and opportunities for long-term success
- Maintain meticulous records of your interactions with prospective investors in our CRM
- Work directly with AVG shared resources on pipeline management and community building opportunities
- Serve as one of the faces of AVG’s Funds, building community and connectivity with investors and community members
- Partner with other AVG Managing Partners and Senior Partners to grow the overall community and fund
- Work with the AVG’s Community Team to drive engagement for AVG’s Funds
- Interact directly with AVG’s internal CRM and proprietary investor portals
- Partner with the investor relations team to deliver on the AVG experience
- Suggest improvements to our approach, process, products, and services
- Adhere to AVG policies and procedures regarding conduct, job performance, information management, and administrative functions, communicating appropriately regarding any need for exceptions.
- 10+ years in a sales/BD environment in Financial Services (fundraising, sales, private wealth or investor relations), Tech Sales (B2B), or experience in other fast-paced consultative sales environments
- Demonstrated track record of consistently meeting/exceeding targets
- Ability and willingness to build relationships, and onboard sophisticated individual investors
- You must be energized by fundraising, building relationships, as well as representing AVG’s product and investment methodology to prospective investors
- Have a passion for the venture capital industry and entrepreneurial ecosystem
- License 7 or 82, Series 63
- Willing and able to become a registered representative of AVG’s Broker
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Alumnus of one of AVG’s alumni fund schools is preferred
- Entrepreneurial DNA
- Have a well-developed sales framework that you can apply at Alumni Ventures Group
- Strong fundraising skills and ability to excel in all aspects of holding meetings, taking calls, follow-up, closing
- Ability to quickly connect with a wide variety of people
- Active listening skills and high EQ
- Highly articulate and thoughtful with communications
- Skilled at managing a large volume of warm B2C leads
- Comfortable organizing and tracking your sales pipeline within our CRM
- Experience and comfort with engaging UHNW individuals
If interested, please apply here.