M12 is Microsoft’s venture capital fund, investing in high-growth B2B startups around the world. As the Portfolio Development team within M12, we aim to provide our portfolio companies with growth opportunities and unparalleled access to Microsoft’s ecosystem. We also see it as our mission to help our mission to help Microsoft bring external innovation to our products and customers by partnering closely with our portfolio companies.
In this role, you’ll be part of a small team responsible for driving business development for our fast-growing portfolio of startups. You’ll identify, develop, and execute on business strategy initiatives with a focus on joint commitment and mutual success.
As a Portfolio Development Manager, you will help our portfolio companies leverage the full range of Microsoft assets and resources to accelerate their growth. This will be accomplished by developing a deep understanding of the portfolio companies‘ needs, and then aligning them to Microsoft’s strategic initiatives, internal product teams, and customer priorities. This is an incredibly important role as successful execution is what will distinguish this team from other venture funds and corporate investors.
This is a full-time position on our Seattle-based team in South Lake Union. This role will require 10% travel.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the portfolio companies’ business models and priorities, including growth strategy, objectives, plan for readiness, marketing, services, and sales.
- Collaborating with portfolio companies to translate their business and product goals into successful partnerships with Microsoft and our ecosystem of customers and partners.
- Connecting directly with Microsoft engineering, sales, and Business Development leadership to initiate and execute partnership initiatives.
- Developing and driving the M12 brand through various channels, mediums and events.
- Scaling team processes and reporting of key initiatives, outcomes and accomplishments.
- Drive programs and efforts to build a more inclusive VC & startup ecosystem by embedding D&I initiatives into the work M12 does as a team, for our portfolio companies and for the venture ecosystem at large.
- Collaboration: Work with cross-disciplinary teams to drive key ecosystem partnership and business development initiatives from creation to implementation with internal and external stakeholders.
- Influence: Ability to influence and drive results in a complex technical and business environment, including various stakeholders across functions (such as engineering, business development, Microsoft for Startups, marketing, sales, services, finance and legal). Learn to additionally influence external stakeholders across corporate and partner organizations.
- Execution: Demonstrated track record of owning projects or programs from early concept design through tracking of key results. This includes defining objectives and coming up with new ways to scale impact over time.
- Agility: Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing, ambiguous, and sometimes unpredictable work environment.
- Customer Obsessed: Brings a customer and partner first mindset and knowledge of technology, start-ups, and corporate innovation to authentically engage senior executives and drive results.
- Key interpersonal traits: Motivation, creativity, adaptability, curiosity, continuous learner, resourcefulness, unquestionable ethics & integrity, exemplary organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- The ability to quickly and clearly understand and articulate new technologies and business value to others.
- Some business or technical experience with cloud computing, application development, and machine learning/AI principles.
IF interested, please apply here.