Hyundai America Technical Center Inc. (HATCI) is looking for a Senior Manager, Open Innovation Team Leader to join the Hyundai CRADLE Silicon Valley team in Mountain View, CA. You will lead a team of professionals engaged in aggressive Open Innovation across North America.
You and your team will work in close collaboration with external partners as well as executives and their teams throughout Hyundai Motor Group (HMG), including the Strategy & Technology Division (S&TD) of Hyundai Motor Company (HMC), CRADLEs parent entity. In this role you will also work closely with the Head of CRADLE SV to develop North America collaboration strategies with multiple business divisions that will help bring HMG closer to the start-up and corporate innovation/venturing ecosystems to build a robust portfolio of diverse partnerships that will help drive innovation and future businesses for HMG in the near and long-term.
This role will encompass the broad range of Open Innovation activity while working to establish and maintain relationships with senior HMG stakeholders as well as external innovation ecosystem partners.
With the support of a dedicated Open Innovation team, the Open Innovation Team Leader will:
- Source, identify, and analyze new partnering and collaboration opportunities
- Develop partnering and project theses for specific technology areas and new business models compatible with HMGs current core technologies and business practices
- Research and present industry and technological trends in order to identify and preempt shifts in technology and/or opportunities for innovation
- Manage a leads/deal flow database to track prospective companies
- Work with internal teams (domestically and in Korea) to facilitate, negotiate and execute collaboration agreements of different types, including PoCs, technology assessments, joint development, commercialization, licensing, etc.
- Collaborate with S&TD to identify opportunities to advance S&TD-developed technologies and support new business models
- Plan technology assessments and proof-of-concept projects in collaboration with potential or current portfolio companies
- Support efforts in due diligence on potential investment opportunities, especially those initially originating from Open Innovation projects
- Assist in facilitating internal and external events
- Actively represent Hyundai CRADLE in the greater North American innovation ecosystem
- Cultivate and leverage relationships with startup, VC, and corporate innovation/venturing ecosystem partners to help identify and source partnering opportunities aligned with HMG stakeholder strategic priorities
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders
- Manage, train, evaluate, discipline and make recommendations for hire, pay changes, promotions or terminations.
- Actively develop skills and career trajectory of junior team members
- Recruit new team members as necessary
- Travel 20-30% of the time (domestic and international)
- Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline
- MBA or 2 years of strategic consulting or startup experience
- 15 years of relevant work experience
- 2 years of Team leadership or management experience
- 3 years of recent work experience in at least two of the following categories:
- Open Innovation activities
- Venture Capital/Corporate Venture Capital
- Corporate/Business Development
- Valid drivers license and satisfactory driving record
- Candidates applying for positions with HATCI must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor.
If interested, please apply here.