Are you interested in M&A, Exits, & supporting a venture capital investment portfolio? You migh tbe a good fit at Brand Capital! Brand Capital is a strategic investment division of the Times Group, which is a large multimedia conglomerate. While companies can acquire funding for growth and working capital, brand building investments rarely attract interest from the funding community. This is especially true for brands which are new category creators – because the brand investment in such cases needs to be large and sustainable, compared to the hard asset investments. Brand Capital now partners with more than 900 investee companies across sectors as wide as Retail, FMCG, Consumer Durables, Realty, Digital and Mobile, Financial & Consumer Services and several more. Since the inception of this business a decade ago, the Company has helped build several iconic brands in India and its invested value today is close to $4.0 billion
Brand Capital International is looking to add a senior manager to the venture investment and business development team that will specifically focus on supporting exits from our portfolio. The candidate will play a key role in sourcing and evaluating potential acquisition opportunities, building relationships with other financial entities, and supporting portfolio companies. The ideal candidate will need to have experience in the venture capital industry and hold connections to a wide variety of financial institutions, investors and understand how to create opportunities for the Brand Capital International portfolio to gain exposure for exit opportunities.
- Source, identify, and analyze new investment opportunities by working with the team to expand its co-investment and corporate partner ecosystems.
- Develop investment theses and deep dive on specific technology areas with subject matter experts to understand who might be an appropriate investor for each company.
- Perform research and analysis of new markets, technologies, competitive landscape, and share findings to the team.
- Evaluate and perform due diligence on potential exit opportunities, including preparing investment memos and presenting to Brand Capital International leadership.
- Execute new and/or follow-on financings, including deal structuring and financial modeling.
- Assist and support portfolio companies.
- Engage with the VC/entrepreneurial community.
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance or marketing, preferably an MBA
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, with at least 2 year’s experience in Venture Capital
- Strong connections and contacts within relevant financial and venture communities that can support portfolio companies, through introductions and exposure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity and passion for core technologies
- Fluency with data manipulation, financial models, cap tables and presentations
- Must be a self-starter, solutions oriented, comfortable working with minimal oversight and taking on new tasks on-demand/as needed