Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age – and this is where you come in.
Key Responsibilities For The Investment Director Role Include
- Completing new investments by investigating new investment opportunities, conducting due diligence, negotiating agreements, and presenting investment recommendations to the Qualcomm Ventures investment committee.
- Managing and helping Qualcomm Ventures portfolio investments grow by actively participating in board meetings, establishing strategic and operational relationship between Qualcomm and the company, monitoring investments, helping portfolio companies with their strategic and growth prospects to enhance their chances of success.
- Leading cross-functional (engineering, marketing, finance) and cross-departmental coordination for business development activities pertaining to new technologies and investment opportunities.
- Generating intelligence reports by identifying and articulating key trends/ developments that Qualcomm/QCV should pay attention to.
- Driving business growth for key portfolio companies by increasing visibility and business partnerships/ revenue with key BigTech partners
- 15+ years’ professional experience with spanning software engineering, product management, product marketing, business development, developer relations, competitive intelligence and startup fundraising. Successful prior Venture Capital investment experience is a key requirement.
- Candidate must have strong analytical skills with ample experience in assessing businesses, technologies and business models
- Strong financial skills (analysis, valuation, and modeling).
- Good interpersonal and strong written/ oral communication skills.
- Self-driven and motivated, strong persuasive skills.
BS degree preferably in Electrical engineering and Computer Science and an MBA.
Keywords: Venture Capital, Strategic Investments, Entrepreneurship, Startups, Business Development
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
If interested, please apply here.