The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Director Venture Investments Leaps by Bayer, are to:
- Develop rationale and business case for investing in selected technologies;
- Develop network and follows scientific and technological developments in selected areas (e.g. artificial intelligence, digital health/agriculture, gene editing for plants/human health, oncology, regenerative medicine, etc.);
- Develop investment cases;
- Conduct due diligence and supports deal execution;
- Support start-up of ventures, day-to-day management, performance management and strategic decisions of the ventures;
- Support the setup of the new organization;
- Support the venture in daily operations where applicable;
- Ensure the delivery of key Bayer contributions to the venture development as applicable (e.g., market insights, production knowhow, chemistry, disease area knowledge);
- Monitor and report progress of ventures;
- Prepare and facilitate venture milestones;
- Review and make recommendations on go/no-go decision points;
- Add value through strong leadership and day-to-day operational work, guiding the ventures to success;
- Compel investment cases for venture investment opportunities;
- Deliver successful of scientific and operational goals of individual ventures;
- Number and quality of potential technology investments/ partners/ deals scouted and executed;
- Progress of ventures towards key milestones;
- Organizational health in ventures;
- Successful asset transfer to Bayer where applicable.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Advanced degree in Life Science and/or Agriculture covering relevant topics for Venture-specific technology;
- At least two years in Venture Capital;
- M.B.A. and/or Investment Banking and/or Management Consulting (all top tier);
- Track record of successfully leading long term projects;
- Experience in evaluation of early technologies;
- Sound understanding of investment space;
- Strong leadership skills, entrepreneurship and ambition;
- Ability to interface startup-like realities of the Ventures to the realities of a big corporation (reports, deadlines, etc.);
- Excellent problem-solving ability;
- Proven ability to lead and thrive in complex, often ambiguous situations.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
If interested, please apply here.