Company Description Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Corporate Development team works across Square to bring world-class companies, technology, and talent into our organization through acquisitions. The team manages sourcing, negotiating, structuring, and executing impactful acquisitions and investments, and informing our strategy by identifying industry trends and maintaining relationships with startups, VCs and bankers. You will be an essential member of a high-impact team situated at the nexus of product, engineering, and the broader strategic efforts at Square. You will be an integral member of the team and will support all stages of the evaluation and acquisition process. You will also contribute to a broad array of projects for the team, including market analysis, transaction analysis and strategy development. The role reports to the Corporate Development Seller / Frontier Initiatives Lead, is full-time, and is located in San Francisco, New York or remote.
- Work with senior executives and product leads to develop strategies and identify acquisition opportunities that accelerate Square’s mission
- Maintain relationships with startups, VCs, and leading technology companies to inform product strategy and stay up to date with competitive landscape
- Help develop the corp dev deal pipeline, including outreach to and sourcing of new opportunities
- Conduct rigorous analysis including valuation and business case modeling to provide detailed guidance and insight into potential acquisitions, investments and other strategic opportunities
- Support deal negotiation, due diligence and investments, including cross-functional coordination of product, engineering, legal, and other diligence supporting teams to evaluate targets
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, including venture capital, private equity, strategy consulting, investment banking or corporate development experience. Prior corporate development experience preferred
- Experience at a leading technology company or startup
- Ability to manage complex processes from start to finish
- An ability to drive projects cross-functionally, synthesize feedback, develop agreement and create structure
- A Bachelor’s degree in economics or finance preferred but not required
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
If interested, please apply here.