Work-Bench is an early-stage enterprise tech focused VC firm based in New York City. We lead Seed and Seed II investments in startups throughout the country, tackling some of the greatest challenges for enterprises across AI and Machine Learning, Cybersecurity, Cloud Native Infrastructure, Future of Jobs, and more.
You can read more about our new $100M Fund 3 on our blog and in Forbes.
What makes this job awesome?
We are fresh off of raising our latest fund and we’re looking to hire a full-time Senior Associate as we continue to scale!
As a lean team, we support and thrive off of each other. We contribute to each others’ investment activities and lend helpful perspectives, whether that’s through investment diligence or portfolio support. As Jack Johnson puts it, “it’s always better when we’re together.”
At the same time, you’ll have the opportunity to own an enterprise tech sector you’re passionate about as well as the autonomy to build up your own areas of expertise. This includes sourcing, market research, customer diligence, working directly with founders, and so much more. For example, our Senior Analyst Priyanka has built an incredible name for herself in the data infrastructure world, writing numerous blog posts, research reports, and her own monthly newsletter. Expect your voice to be heard and our team to help amplify your output!
At our core, we’re enterprise tech nerds who have spent the last 8+ years building up a vibrant NYC enterprise community of what we like to call the “suits and hoodies” (aka our Fortune 500 and startups community here in NYC). Most of us have spent time on the IT side coming from Morgan Stanley, Cisco, and Forrester and we use that experience to help our portfolio companies close enterprise deals and scale go-to-market efforts. We are looking for someone who has their own unique edge in their enterprise perspective.
While we may be a VC, we operate at the fast and furious speed of a startup (in fact, we often get asked if our team is actually 2–3x larger than it actually is). We’re constantly looking to revitalize and reinvent our processes, and we hope you can bring a new level of enthusiasm, passion, and hustle to help us build the best early-stage enterprise NYC firm.
Does this sound like something you’d like to be a part of? Meet your future team here.
Responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing and evaluating potential investment opportunities
- Researching sector and industry trends to identify potential areas of investment focus
- Performing due diligence through in-depth analysis of areas such as sector trends, market dynamics, end user feedback, and company financials
- Supporting portfolio companies, which includes identifying key hires, providing business development support, and helping with fundraising
- Building and maintaining our internal tools that support investment and operational processes
- Growing your network with subject matter experts and practitioners
- Representing Work-Bench at industry events
What makes you a great fit?
- We love enterprise software and we hope you do too. Ideal candidates should have 2–5 years of professional experience in the domain, preferably in venture capital, consulting, or startup experience.
- We are a thesis-driven firm. Ideal candidates should excel at building new ideas from qualitative and quantitative research and distill them into investment memos.
- We talk to a range of audiences, from entrepreneurs and corporate practitioners to industry SMEs and investors to each other on the team. You should be great at communicating complex and technical ideas in executive conversations, written content, and presentations.
- We’re a lean team and we wear many hats. As a teammate, we’d expect you to bring a similar hustle, drive, and adaptability, as well as support your fellow team members.
- It’s a plus if you are familiar with financial statements and venture capital terminology (valuations, term sheets, cap tables).
- You should be proficient with tech platforms (Pitchbook, Crunchbase, Notion, etc.) for deal sourcing, organization, CRM, workflows, and internal documentation.
The role is based in NYC. The Work-Bench team plans to reunite in our Flatiron office in the Fall of 2021.
Work-Bench believes in the power of diversity. We are committed to building a team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
How to apply?
If you’re interested, please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- Your resume, LinkedIn and Twitter profiles, and personal website (if applicable)
- 2–3 paragraphs on why you’re interested in the role and Work-Bench specifically
- 2–3 paragraphs on an enterprise trend that you’re interested in