Experience the possibilities of our progressive, omnichannel approach to beauty retail. At Ulta Beauty, our Marketing team is applying the latest technologies to personalize the buying experience of true beauty enthusiasts—in ways that surprise and delight. Building love and loyalty, one communication, one experience, one brilliant idea at a time. We represent the perfect blend of strategy and creativity. Of tactics and analytics. To make Ulta Beauty a brand guests will advocate for. Growing share of heart. Delivering with disciplined consistency. Whether your deepest passion is for design or content, strategy or data, or some combination of all things marketing, Ulta Beauty will provide significant latitude to explore your talents and passions, with opportunities to stretch and deepen, to grow and build. Truly, the possibilities are beautiful.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Corp. Dev., Strategic Partnerships, and DI Fund team is co-responsible, alongside the Digital Innovation team, for standing up and leading a newly created Corporate Venture Fund that will be focused on Digital Innovation. These teams will partner to identify, evaluate, and invest in new and disruptive businesses within defined focus areas for Ulta Beauty.
The Senior VC Associate, Digital Innovation Venture Fund, in addition to working closely with the Digital Innovation team, will need to remain connected with the broader Corporate Development & Strategic Partnerships and Strategy teams as well as with other key functional leaders across the company.
A successful candidate must have relevant investment experience, be self-motivated, able to prioritize effectively, and possess very strong analytical and interpersonal skills. This individual must be able to build a clear business case for opportunities under review as well as form lasting relationships with external partners and portfolio companies. Also, a successful candidate will have direct access to fund leaders and other senior executives, particularly within Corporate Strategy and Digital Innovation, and therefore should demonstrate strong executive presence and possess superior communication and presentation skills.
YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
- Partnering closely with the Digital Innovation team, the Corporate Development & Strategic Partnerships team, the Corporate Strategy team, and other key cross-functional leaders to pro-actively identify, systematically evaluate, and successfully close investments that are in-line with our strategic priorities for Digital Innovation
- Bringing investment and technical expertise as well as out-of-the-box thinking to support identification of new opportunities and, with the Digital Innovation team, assess strategic rationale, grounded in data-driven insights
- Pro-actively conducting research and business analysis, identifying target companies for fund leaders consideration, and actively manage the pipeline of potential opportunities for the fund
- Partnering with fund leaders to determine appropriate valuation and partnership structure for each target company and ensure alignment with fund leaders and senior executives
- Building a business case that clearly and concisely articulates recommendations on potential opportunities for evaluation of the fund leaders and senior executives in the steering committee
- Leading full due diligence and evaluation process – in partnership with cross-functional leaders – including communications/meetings, information flow, summarizing key findings, and identifying/quantifying potential synergies and risks
- Managing fund performance and make relevant recommendations to support portfolio companies, including, but not limited to, suggestions for mentor-ship and relevant connections
- Developing deep perspective on the competitive landscape, integrating appropriate competitive, marketplace and other trends and insights to inform Ulta Beauty’s Digital Innovation strategy
- Building internal and external relationships to enable effective identification and execution of opportunities
- Reviewing and track technical and operational advancements, financial performance, and evolution of portfolio companies over time
- Tracking active, inactive, and closed deal activities within the relevant fund areas; review and manage inbounds received from internal and external parties
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor’s degree required and MBA from top-tier program strongly preferred
- 7 – 10 years of total professional experience in Finance or Strategy
- 3+ years of investing experience in venture capital or corporate venture capital required; technology and/or digital focus strongly preferred
- Proven track record of leading collaboration across cross-functional teams
- Strong communication and confident influencing skills – including team leadership, thought leadership, collaboration, partnership across diverse team environments
- Strong experience with analytical and problem-solving skills – ability to analyze opportunities with the right level of pragmatism
- Well organized – ability to lead, manage, and prioritize multiple projects efficiently
- Highly motivated – exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
If interested, please apply here.