Interested in investing and entrepreneurship? Trilogy Equity Partners (TEP) is hiring an Associate to join our team of four investment professionals in Bellevue, Washington. Potential trajectories over time may include promotion to Principal with the firm or departing for business school.
Formed in 2006, Trilogy is an early-stage venture firm. Led by former entrepreneurs and operators, we take a hands-on approach to investing, with a closely held evergreen fund to support talented founders as they build great companies over time. We invest our own capital in companies we are passionate about. We’ve grown and exited businesses as operators ourselves here in the Seattle area, and we started Trilogy to help others do it too. Unlike other funds, Trilogy does not have limited partners. The money we invest in our portfolio is our own, which gives us a little more freedom to be selective and passionate about the founders we partner with. Bottom line, investing our own money means that we care deeply about founders’ success, are not distracted by raising funds ourselves, and can give companies the time to achieve their potential.
As a Venture Capital Associate, your analytical, interpersonal, creative thinking, business management, and leadership skills will be called upon from day one. Because our organization is flat, from the very start you will work closely with Managing Directors, interact with current and potential portfolio company executives, be given real responsibility, and have a measurable impact on our work.
The right candidate craves learning about all types of technology businesses, is excited to work in an entrepreneurial environment with a close-knit and collegial team and self-motivates with a high degree of intellectual curiosity and a proactive, flexible mentality. We are interested in working with team members who are less enamored with the image of venture capital and more interested in learning, collaborating, and enabling innovation with a high degree of character and personal commitment to the firm.
- Deal Flow
- Network within the Seattle startup community as part of our deal sourcing activities
- Help with deal flow pipeline tracking and analysis
- Investment Evaluation
- Evaluate potential investment opportunities using quantitative and qualitative methods
- Perform and present both company- and market-level analyses
- Deal Execution
- Assist Managing Directors with deal execution from term sheet development through due diligence and legal documentation
- Portfolio Company Support
- Occasionally support portfolio companies with activities such as financial modeling
- Fund Administration
- Actively participate in internal fund management activities including owning parts of the annual valuation process
- A passion for technology-driven businesses combined with an ability to quickly evaluate opportunities
- 3+ years of work experience, ideally in investment banking, strategy consulting, or similar
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Economics, Finance, or Marketing, or an equivalent analytical degree
- Demonstrated track record of excellence and commitment in college extracurricular activities
- An entrepreneurial, energetic, and optimistic attitude combined with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail
- A strong work ethic
If interested, please apply here.