Tribe Capital is a venture capital firm building products that recognize and amplify startups’ product-market fit. We are pioneers at developing innovative quantitative approaches to early-stage investing and are innovating on the structure of venture capital itself. We utilize these capabilities to partner with great entrepreneurs building the next wave of generation defining companies. We are generalist investors seeking out opportunity across geographies, sectors, and stages. Our team comes from varied backgrounds as entrepreneurs, investors, and technologists, and we actively embrace diverse perspectives in our investment process. We believe that successful investing means every team member having a voice.
The common themes among everyone at Tribe are an entrepreneurial streak, an unrelenting passion for investigation and learning, and an ability to thrive in ambiguity. We are looking for others who share in these values as we continue to grow the team.
Tribe Capital is seeking a full time Senior Associate to identify and evaluate venture investment opportunities. The investing role will primarily include the following activities, from seed to growth stage investing:
- Identify and diligence venture-backed startups for investment
- Run elements of the investment process
- Develop relationships with/support founders and high-potential individuals
- Represent Tribe’s brand to both entrepreneurs and other investors
Successful applicants will be knowledgeable in the following domains:
- High-growth startups, as demonstrated by operational experience at high-growth startups, time spent investing as an angel or VC, or founding a startup.
- Investment processes, as demonstrated by time spent in finance, an MBA from a top-tier program, or fundraising experience.
- Industry research, as demonstrated by prior work with industry analysis: written industry theses, market maps, pitch decks, etc.
- VC Networks, as demonstrated by relationships with investors, companies, or founders.
Tribe Capital is headquartered in San Francisco, but our entire team is working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic until further notice.
To apply, send email@example.com your resume and written responses to two questions below by February 8, 2021.
- Why are you interested in the senior associate role at Tribe? (150 words max)
- What industry/theme for technology investment over the coming 5 years are you most excited about, and why? (250 words max)
From the initial applications we select a smaller group for ZOOM interviews. The expected start date for the role would be in the second quarter of 2021.