The New Ventures Team is the corporate venture investing arm within the Heritage Group (THG), expanding upon and leveraging our 90-year track record of building diverse and successful companies in sustainability, environmental services, energy, transportation infrastructure, and specialty chemicals. We seek to build companies internally and invest in high-potential companies from seed to growth-equity stage with thematic connections to THG’s operating businesses, legacy industries that are ripe for disruption. Our diligence process and ability to enable our portfolio companies’ growth is maximized by the deep technical and market expertise of the Heritage Group coupled with the entrepreneurial experience of HG Ventures. We are based in Indianapolis at the Heritage Center , which also houses our corporate headquarters, our R&D lab and our internal collaboration resources.
We are looking to add a Senior Associate to our investment team that has a background in science or engineering in fields relevant to the Heritage Group and the requisite experience in entrepreneurial product development, new company growth, operations, and/or technology scouting necessary to evaluate internal and external investment opportunities and aid the growth of our companies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in science, engineering, or related materials science discipline
- 5 years of experience in new product development or operations in an entrepreneurial environment; and/or technology scouting, market analysis, or related functions
- Demonstrated communications skills’both verbal and written, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with understanding and evaluating technologies
- Experience with lean start up methodologies, business incubation, and related mentoring
- Technology management or scaling including commercialization planning
- Industry experience in one of the following sectors: advanced materials, specialty chemicals, environmental services, construction, energy or software related to these fields.
Initial Responsibilities Will Include
- Sourcing and screening investment opportunities, internally and externally
- Building and maintaining internal corporate innovation practices, including training and idea incubation
- Interacting directly with entrepreneurs and executive teams
- Creating and executing diligence plans, including technical, business and market assessments
- Supporting portfolio companies and observing board meetings
If interested, please apply here.