When you work with the world’s most innovative companies, you know you’re making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They’re the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients’ world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.
About Svb Capital
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, SVB Capital is a multi-strategy investment platform targeting the Innovation Economy with approximately $6.4B of assets under management across venture capital fund of funds, technology and life sciences direct funds, and credit funds. Since 1999, we have been the premier investment partner to global investors for accessing the Innovation Economy.
The SVB Capital Direct Fund invests in early- and growth-stage companies primarily across fintech and enterprise software verticals. Leveraging SVB Financial Group’s (NASDAQSIVB) resources, partnerships, financial services, and vast network in the innovation economy, SVB Capital is able to support and add differentiated value to its portfolio companies across stages and cycles. Some of the firm’s notable exits include FireEye, Workday, Bill.com, Opendoor, Airbnb, Twitter, Auth0, and Root Insurance.
The SVB Capital Direct Fund Senior Associate will be a key contributor to the fund’s investment process and strategy. Key responsibilities include
- Develop investment theses and prepare market landscapes
- Proactively source investments across SVB and external networks
- Participate in all stages of investment due diligence, including market analysis, competitor analysis, financial analysis, valuation/returns analysis, customer references, deal structure analysis, and legal review
- Support Partners with business development and operational efforts that support portfolio company growth
- Ongoing analysis and monitoring of portfolio to support internal valuation, portfolio management, and fundraising efforts
- Engage with the venture community through industry event preparation and participation
To be successful in the Senior Associate role, candidates should be
- Highly inquisitive and relentless in identifying emerging trends and companies
- A self-starter who is collaborative and focused on elevating those around them
- Able to help with deal completion, including various due diligence and analytical processes, documentation, references, and legal counsel coordination
- Excellent with excel and has experience working with data
- Strong hustle and ability to multitask and manage a steady stream of priorities
- 5+ years of relevant experience (i.e. investment banking, investment roles within VC/PE, operating experience at a high growth technology start-up, or consulting). Prior VC/PE experience is strongly preferred
- A passion for technology demonstrated by in-depth knowledge of emerging trends and a strong industry network
- Strong research, analytical, and financial modeling skills
- Insightful, resourceful, and strong interpersonal and mentoring skills
© 2021 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq SIVB).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Silicon Valley Bank is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to expanding its commitments and investments to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive company culture and innovation ecosystem. We are strongly committed to the values and policy of equal employment opportunity across our employment practices.
If interested, please apply here.