For 35 years, SVB Financial Group has been dedicated to helping support entrepreneurs and clients of all sizes and stages throughout their life cycles, primarily in the technology, life science/healthcare, private equity/venture capital and premium wine industries. SVB offers a diverse set of banking and financial products and services to clients across the United States, as well as in key international innovation markets.
SVB Capital launched its first venture capital fund of funds and direct investment fund in 2000 the group now has over $6B in assets under management. The team is in the process of raising its tenth fund of funds and fifth direct investment fund as well as new, diversified product offerings. SVB Capital’s differentiated platform includes proprietary data, unparalleled access, and a proven track record. These advantages have allowed the team to build a highly concentrated portfolio of the best venture firms and many top decile managers. SVB Capital has also been able to identify and access highly sought-after new fund managers that SVB expects will be the next generation of brand name funds. SVB Capital allows institutional investors to build into the optimal time, stage, sector and geographic diversification across the innovation economy. SVB Capital’s unique position in the ecosystem allows the firm to partner with investors to provide insights, research, and an unparalleled network.
SVB Capital seeks a senior associate to develop and launch the firm’s flagship life science and healthcare investing platform. This individual will play a critical role in expanding the firm’s product set and investment capabilities. The successful candidate will further build SVB Capital’s reputation in the marketplace and leverage strong analytical skills to augment the firm’s capabilities. This individual will build internal and external relationships, partner with internal SVB stakeholders, and apply the value of the SVB platform to assess and support top investment opportunities.
Key responsibilities include
Support core investment team with fund development, investment process, and portfolio management
- Develop critical financial models to support fundraising and LP engagement
- Serve as primary data liaison with SVB Capital data team and data sets across the broader SVB platform including from Commercial Banking, Cipherbio, and other relevant sources
- Develop new tools to assist with deal identification and valuation assessment within the Life Science ecosystem
- Organize deal flow process, including documentation and reviews, memo construction, and coordination with key colleagues across legal, finance, compliance, and operational teams
- Support portfolio management and reporting needs
- Uphold and enhance the firm’s culture of strong collaboration, hard work, and intellectual agility.
4+ years of financial analysis experience within the life sciences sector strong understanding of the venture ecosystem and/or direct investment exposure preferred, but not required. Demonstrable track record of success and evidence of strong project management skills.
Ability to deeply and thoroughly analyze and articulate investment opportunities i.e. understanding the components and drivers of success. Well versed in the life science and healthcare industry.
If interested, please apply here.