Come, use your analytical, strategic and finance skills to invest in a more equitable and sustainable future! The Impact Investing team at Sorenson Impact Center manages the impact investing activities of high net worth families and manages several dedicated impact funds. We seek out the best impact entrepreneurs, analyze their business, structure venture investments to catalyze their growth, and support them as they scale. We integrate students into this process as part of training the next generation of impact investors. We are seeking a dynamic and passionate Senior Associate to join our growing team.
The Senior Associate on the Impact Investing team contributes to the investment activities across multiple funds. This position is responsible for managing our deal flow pipeline, providing strategic business model analysis, financial analysis, and team support. The Senior Associate also coordinates, supervises, and trains student teams on investment analysis and assures quality of Investment Committee presentation materials. This position involves an ability to use creative problem solving in a constantly changing environment with a high degree of the unknown and occasionally requires long hours working on deals.
The Sorenson Impact Center strongly encourages diverse applicants including those who self-identify as Black, Native or Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQIA+, non-binary, living with disabilities, neurodivergent, speak English as a second language and others from overlooked/underestimated communities.
- Support the development of investment analysis for presentation to foundations, funds, DFIs, family offices, and other organizations that have established impact investment portfolios
- Identify and screen investment proposals for deals that fit impact and investment mandates
- Build financial models and conduct financial sensitivity analysis
- Conduct detailed business valuation exercises using various methods of valuation
- Conduct comprehensive risk assessment on investment proposals
- Oversee preparation of investment proposal materials
- Support portfolio management activities including building periodic performance reports, gathering investee performance metrics, etc.
- Lead student analysts and associates as they conduct investment due diligence and prepare investment proposal materials
- Teach and explain areas of diligence above to a constantly rotating group of students in the program
- Contribute to recruitment activities for student program
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field, or equivalency and four years of progressively more responsible management analyst experience; and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- Master’s degree in a related field is advantageous
- 2+ years of experience in venture capital, private equity, accounting or related financial analyst positions
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to clearly analyze data and creatively problem solve in an environment with a high degree of unknown
- Proactive and entrepreneurial spirit with a strong work ethic
If interested, please apply here.