Do you want to lead the Asia efforts for a global venture capital firm and support the most promising startups across 80+ emerging markets?
Who we are
Seedstars is a global organisation with headquarters in Switzerland, 15 offices and a presence in 80+ emerging markets. We are on a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. Our 200+ Seedstars are organised around two key activities; 1) talent incubation and 2) VC investing. We incubate talent and high growth ventures through a series of programs from idea stage to early growth stage. We are currently building a platform of funds to be positioned as a key early-stage emerging market VC.
Seedstars International is our global seed stage investment fund with 65+ portfolio companies across 30+ countries. We invest through batches via the Growth Program (post-acceleration program focused on implementing a growth methodology) and support the top percentile of companies in their next funding rounds.
About the job
We are looking for an Associate/Senior Associate to join the team and lead our investment efforts in the SEA region. On the investment side you will have full responsibility for deal flow sourcing, evaluation, deal closing and support portfolio management. Moreover, you’ll work on network development (VCs, Venture Partners, ecosystem enablers). While the role is focussed on SEA, you will get exposure to deals all across emerging markets.
- Direct responsibility for our operations in South East Asia
- Source, screen and close the hottest seed stage deals across SEA
- Support our portfolio companies with fundraising and strategic decision making
- Build high-quality relationships with ecosystem enablers, fellow investors and entrepreneurs
- Support the investment team with the analysis of deals across other regions (MENA, Africa, LATAM, CIS)
- Support the team in operational initiatives, such as pipeline management and knowledge capturing / sharing
- Continually find ways to improve our processes across the board
- You have 3+ years of relevant work experience in venture capital across South East Asia.
- You have a strong network in the SEA region of VCs, entrepreneurs and ecosystem enablers.
- Proven track record of sourcing, evaluating and closing deals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and minimum one of the following languages (Thai, Bahasa, Malay, Vietnamese, Malay).
- Passion for venture investing, startups and technology, particularly in emerging markets.
- A “can-do” attitude, strong drive and willingness to learn.
- Flexibility & international exposure – This job only makes sense for someone who is passionate about travelling and excited to go somewhere completely new, often on very little notice.
- Strong belief in getting things done – We are nomads travelling around the world so it is important to have drive, ownership and execution. Working remotely with an international team, you have to be comfortable working alone and capable to prioritize and make things happen.
Why our team members say they love working with us?
- We are on a mission that is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a vibrant and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices (read here: seedsta.rs/worldblu)
- Competitive package. Carried interest. Opportunity for internal career progression.
If interested, please apply here.