Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great People Make Schneider Electric a Great Company.
SE Ventures is expanding its investment team
SE Ventures is a Menlo Park based, $565M venture fund backed by Schneider Electric, a global leader in energy management and industrial automation. Every year, we intend to add about ten new investments to the portfolio and combine our sweat, grit and hustle with the capital and market reach of Schneider Electric for the benefit of these founders. The fund is structured along the lines of a traditional venture fund and focused on early and growth stage investments in companies that help make any kind of built environment (homes, commercial buildings, data centers, factories etc.) more energy efficient and/or more automated.
We are looking to expand our investment team with the addition of a Senior Associate.
- You will be working closely with the entire investment team and will participate in every key step of the investment process, including market research, company diligence and transaction completion. You will also play an active role in our efforts to identify companies we should proactively pursue.
- Post-investment, you will contribute in activities to support the companies we’ve backed. This includes making customer introductions, coming up with data-driven insights and finding synergies with other portfolio companies.
- Consider the above as the floor and not the ceiling. You will always have the freedom to experiment with new ideas and increase your scope of work as long as you continue to deliver on your core responsibilities.
The right candidate will be:
- Analytical and open-minded: We have a strong preference for someone with high intellectual horsepower who can synthesize complex data into simple insights and wouldn’t hesitate to question conventional wisdom.
- Hungry and well-prepared: We are looking for someone who is very eager to succeed and can demonstrate the necessary technical and financial acumen to succeed. While you need not have had any entrepreneurial experiences, this job shouldn’t be the first time you walk into a startup’s offices.
- Humble and resourceful: Venture is a reputation driven business and all of us at SE Ventures go to great lengths to protect and augment ours. A strong candidate would have some compelling references from founders and other talented individuals in the startup ecosystem.
Minimum Educational/work Qualifications
- MBA from a top-tier business school and 2+ years of experience at a venture capital/private equity firm or a leading technology startup. Some familiarity with the energy/industrial sectors will be seen as a plus.
Think this describes you? Please complete the application.
We eagerly look forward to meeting you.
SE Ventures Team
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
If interested, please apply here.