We are an independent venture capital firm founded in partnership with Prudential Financial as our LP. Our $300MM multi-stage fund focuses on vertical industries: InsurTech, FinTech, HealthTech, PropTech as well as horizontal enterprise technologies: Machine Learning, Cloud, DevOps, InfoSecurity, Automation, Digital CX. Through our partnership with Prudential Financial, we are able to uniquely access the resources of one of the largest insurers in the world.
This is a full time role based in the Bay Area for an immediate start.
Why is this an unique role:
*Opportunity to lead the Enterprise IT focus on the PruVen Investment team
* Ability to leverage the global technology organization at Prudential to build conviction around investment themes, identify needs, conduct due diligence on potential new technologies and win competitive deals
* Partner with a Catalyst team in Pru’s Global Tech organization to drive POCs and commercial relationships with our portfolio companies
What you’ll be doing:
* Source, screen, evaluate, execute, and manage investments from start to finish.
* Write investment memos
* Conduct diligence on companies and sharing that diligence in Partner meetings
* Manage the deal closing process
* Fundamental research on new markets and industries of investment interest
* Collaborate with startups on key strategic and operational projects and aid in their growth
* Ecosystem development
* Identify and drive commercialization partnerships for portfolio companies with Prudential and other corporate partners
* Supporting the Partners and Principals as needed
What we’re looking for:
* Diversity of thought and network: You have a superpower that makes you better at something relative to others. You have deep expertise about enterprise IT that lets you see what others do not. You have a network that enables you to reach Founders in enterprise IT.
* Problem Solving skills: You see walls and you scale them, find ways around then, drive through them. You are as entrepreneurial as the companies we invest in.
* Curiosity: You enjoy getting lost in rabbit holes learning about the latest technologies, business models, and market trends. You develop deep understandings of particular topics.
* Quantitative / Analytical skills: You must be good with numbers and be able to think critically. You can dissect, analyze, evaluate, and provide insight into investments and business decisions.
* Interpersonal skills: You have superior communication skills and are exceptional at getting your points across in written and oral form.
* Work ethic and initiative: No job is below you and no job is above you. You learn quickly, and you take initiative with little direction or supervision.
* Values: Passionate about startups.
* Professional: You are able to thrive in a transitional corporate setting as we engage frequently with our partners at Prudential.
* Expertise in Enterprise IT preferred
* Product Management experience combined with prior development experience on modern Enterprise IT stacks
* 4-7 years of work experience
* Venture capital experience or demonstrated interest in VC would be a plus
Background in engineering, computer science, or other technical field is desired.
If interested, please apply here.