We are seeking a Venture Capital Senior Associate who will have the opportunity to build significant venture capital investment experience as part of a top strategic venture fund. The Sr. Associate will work closely with senior investment team members at PV and be responsible for a variety of investment tasks including, but not limited to, the following: (1) sourcing new investments, (2) meeting with founders and entrepreneurs, (3) attending relevant conferences and networking events, (4) providing financial analysis and due diligence support related to new investment opportunities, and (5) assisting with the management of the existing portfolio and overall fund management tasks.
Scope of the Sr. Associate Role
The Senior Associate role is intended to be a career track position for candidates with a strong passion for healthcare investing and commensurate prior experience in the industry. Providence Ventures has a lean and flat team structure which provides growth opportunities for exceptional performers.
The incumbent performs all duties in a manner that promotes Providence St. Joseph Health’s mission, vision, and values.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop detailed financial models related to venture and growth financing events, private equity recapitalizations, valuation analyses, and liquidity events Perform due diligence such as customer and management references, market sizing and mapping, and industry research, competitive analysis and ultimately forming a viewpoint on the investment opportunity.
- Craft investment memoranda and presentation materials for the partnership, to include developing and refining presentation themes, data gathering and synthesis, and constructing professional presentation materials.
- Work with portfolio companies to enhance operations and performance, report on portfolio company’s performance and supporting them on ad hoc projects.
- Create processes and infrastructures to help our venture process scale.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, or Related Field.
- At least 4 years of experience gained from functional and industry exposure in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, consulting, incubators, or healthcare startups. Specific Healthcare experience is required for this role, in addition to a strong passion to be in the healthcare industry.
- The role will include travel and participation in industry events where he/she is capable of representing PHS and building our network of collaborators and partners.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- An MBA, or similar masters level degree from a well-regarded institution.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Shared Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for our Providence family of organizations across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
If interested, please apply here.