New Markets is hiring an exceptional Senior Associate for a highly entrepreneurial role that includes all aspects of venture capital investing, including deal sourcing, fundraising, screening new investments, memo writing, managing the due diligence process, ongoing monitoring of portfolio companies, market research, and various reporting to stakeholders. The ideal individual will be a self-starter that thrives in an independent, collaborative work environment who possesses the necessary hard skills to execute on a variety of assignments, the maturity and humility to ask questions, and the intellectual curiosity to help the team find the best possible investments and limited partners. Additionally, the Senior Associate will enhance the operations of the firm by optimizing processes and improving systems as needed. The candidate must also be exceptional at outbound business development and managing relationships with external executives. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
• Manage new investment pipeline, including: researching investment theses, cold calling, due diligence, managing deal flow database, screening initial deals, supporting senior partners on priority investment opportunities, and scheduling and attending company presentations.
• Assist in all aspects of fundraising, including: supporting senior partners on fundraising activities, researching investors, creating custom presentations, managing fundraising database, developing collateral materials, cold calling, and scheduling meetings.
• Communication with executives at leading companies, including oral, written and presentation
• Write investment memos for potential investments, build financial projection models, conduct primary and secondary investment research, and manage due diligence processes.
• Contribute to quarterly investor reporting by collecting and analyzing monthly financials and impact data from portfolio companies, as well as assisting in quarterly valuation process.
• Collaborate with partners to implement strategies to enhance internal processes and systems.
• 2 – 6 years of relevant industry experience in venture capital or private equity, corporate or business development, management consulting or investment banking.
• Passionate about education or impact investing, preferably with experience in the field.
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate meaningful relationships with entrepreneurs and investors.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate direct investments in growth stage companies.
• Excellent record of academic achievement with a degree from a leading university. Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced business, engineering or other quantitative degree preferred. MBA, CFA, and/or CPA preferred.
• Strong quantitative skillset, including understanding accounting principles and finance.
• Self-starter with business development experience.
• Financial modeling skills, including Excel proficiency and understanding capital structures. Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated strong written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional design and PowerPoint skills.
• High level of maturity and the ability to work as part of a team and unsupervised, coordinating between different partners/managers.
• Strong work ethic and desire to take initiative and ownership.
• Commitment to improving economic mobility, especially for historically disadvantaged groups.
Consistent with federal, state, and local law, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.
IF interested, please apply here.