To apply: email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title “Candidate for the Senior Associate position: <your name>”
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join us as a Senior Associate and have a direct impact our organization. They will be responsible for managing the deal flow, performing analysis, coordinating partner and volunteer activities, and taking on other ad-hoc tasks. Strong interpersonal skills, strategic thinking with exceptional analytical and presentation skills, high energy and a service mindset approach are a must.
Senior Associate Responsibilities:
- Deal flow creation & encouragement – attend and sometimes speak at local entrepreneur events, interface with referral sources such as lawyers, bankers, other angels and venture capitalists.
- Coordinate the activities of the Venture Scouts and Investors-in-Residence.
- Deal flow screening – act as the initial point of contact with entrepreneurs, determine if the investment opportunity meets our criteria, facilitate initial screening meeting.
- Deal flow management – know/report which investment opportunities are currently being considered, what stage they are in and communicate with entrepreneurs as they enter and exit the deal flow process.
- Presentation preparation – work with entrepreneurs to craft their presentation to clearly present the business case of the potential investment.
- Identify & schedule Guest Speakers and/or field trips.
- Schedule and prepare the agenda for the weekly partner meeting and ensure that remote participation is easy.
- Due diligence support – assist partners with industry reviews, analysis, coordination and more.
- Implement tools and technologies supporting active, cutting edge deal flow management.
- Business Experience & High Intelligence – able to absorb new information quickly and understand the fundamentals of a wide variety of businesses.
- Respectful, energetic, can-do, team player attitude.
- Comfort with designing and/or improving business processes and doing quantitative analysis.
- Exceptional presentation skills and related graphic presentation fundamentals.
- Writing Skills – email, presentation, and report writing in a concise and polite writing style.
- Organization Skills.
- Proficiency with technology, including tools and services such as Microsoft Office, Airtable, Crunchbase, etc.
- Available to attend evening events