MRL Ventures Fund is the Cambridge, MA-based corporate venture capital investment group funded by our company, USA that resides within our company’s Research Division, the R&D division of our company, which is creating breakthrough science to radically change the approach to serious diseases. MRL Ventures Fund creates and/or invests in seed and early-stage therapeutics companies, based on translatable breakthrough science, with the potential to deliver highly differentiated new medicines to improve human health.
MRL Ventures Fund is seeking an Associate or Senior Associate who will support the fund Partners in conducting scientific, strategic, financial and operational diligence for new investments in biotechnology companies. S/he will be involved in all aspects of the investment life cycle, including sourcing, diligence, negotiation, syndication and closings, and will also play an active role in new company creation, where appropriate. S/he may represent MRL Ventures Fund on portfolio company boards, commensurate with experience and subject matter expertise.
- Sourcing early-stage venture investments in therapeutics discovery companies.
- Assisting in venture-creation efforts – including company conception and construction, team recruiting, deal syndication, and interim management.
- Conducting/coordinating in-depth scientific and business diligence to develop a strong investment thesis, including solicitation of technical input from our organization and external subject matter experts.
- Assisting with all aspects of deal process including syndication, term sheet negotiation, and definitive document preparation.
- Assisting with post-deal management – including support of management, company strategy, and follow-on investment.
- Building and maintaining close relationships with entrepreneurs, scientists, clinicians and other investors.
- Financial analysis and valuation of new and existing investments, as well as portfolio analysis.
- Drafting informal and formal investment recommendations for presentation to our research division’s Ventures Fund Investment Committee.
- Assisting with other fund administrative or operational activities as required by the fund President and Partners.
Required Experience and Skills
- MD or PhD in a life sciences discipline
- Up to 3 years experience in the Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical industry
- Up to 2 years in venture capital, venture creation, or business development-oriented role in the biopharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Broad-based scientific knowledge across therapeutic areas in human health
- Understanding of basic science technologies as applied to drug discovery and development
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1
If interested, please apply here.