Join McKesson Ventures, one of the country’s leading healthcare corporate venture firms, and help us continue to expand our portfolio of successful, high profile healthcare technology and services companies. As a Senior Associate, you will play an integral role on the team by researching key markets, identifying new investment opportunities, supporting due diligence efforts, and identifying key market insights that support McKesson’s core strategic imperatives. We’re looking for an individual with the right mix of industry knowledge, strategic mindset, can-do attitude, and passion for the healthcare industry.
- Market Landscapes. Develop and update market landscapes for key investment areas. Identify and synthesize key trends, new market growth areas and potential investment opportunities. Monitor high priority companies for key milestones and follow up opportunities.
- Investment Support. Triage new investment opportunities, monitor companies in our investment pipeline and work with the team to coordinate outreach. Support investment diligence and transaction execution and prepare investment presentations for McKesson Ventures’ Investment Committee.
- Industry Insights. Synthesize complex industry trends. Understand McKesson’s strategic priorities/business unit imperatives and how they relate to the early stage healthcare companies we evaluate. Translate relevant trends from innovative private companies into relevant insights for the McKesson ecosystem.
- Internal/External Ambassador for McKesson Ventures. Author thought leadership perspectives for both internal and external audiences
- Presentations. Prepare presentations (e.g. McKesson Ventures overviews, industry insights) to internal McKesson stakeholders (e.g. corporate strategy, business unit teams, etc.).
- Proven understanding of dynamics and trends impacting the healthcare industry
- Collaborate with investment team to build, expand, and strengthen the network of health care entrepreneurs, innovators and/or investors
- Experience understanding and/or assessing venture stage companies, new business ideas and/or management teams
- Demonstrated appreciation and affinity for the entrepreneurial ecosystem and the operational challenges associated with high growth, venture stage businesses
- Understand and appreciate financial modeling, but also able to develop investment perspectives and recommendations based on limited financial information
- Track record of building and nurturing internal and external relationships
- Team player with high emotional intelligence, integrity, candor, and humility
- Start-up mentality – can-do attitude, able to prioritize, flexible, and hard working
- Minimum 4-year Bachelor’s degree program, MBA preferred
- 4-8 years’ work experience in the healthcare field including venture capital, digital health startup (BD/Strategy/Commercial), investment banking and/or strategy consulting
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
IF interested, please apply here.