Lumos Capital Group is seeking a full time Associate / Senior Associate to join our growing team focused on growth equity investments in the global education and human capital development sectors. The Associate / Senior Associate will be a core team member and involved in all aspects of the investment process, portfolio management, and firm development.
– Deal sourcing and and due diligence for potential investments
– Developing investment theses for targeted thematic areas and contributing to the firm’s internal research and thought leadership
– Conducting quantitative and financial analysis, including building detailed, bottoms-up financial models
– Managing all elements of the investment process (e.g., coordination with service providers, etc.)
– Supporting portfolio companies across functional areas (e.g., strategy, finance, operations, hiring, etc.)
– Representing Lumos to external market participants (e.g., company founders/entrepreneurs and management teams, VCPE investors, current/prospective limited partners, service providers, etc.)
– Assisting in LP management/reporting, future fundraising, and other firm activities
Firm Overview: Lumos Capital Group is an investment firm founded in 2019 with a mission to be the leading growth partner for companies in the global education and human capital development sectors. The firm was founded by veterans of the $10 trillion global education industry with a track record of investing in and advising leading companies in the industry. Our team has a set of diverse life experiences and we put a premium on diversity of thought, background, and perspectives. We believe that successful investing means every member of the team having a voice including an obligation to dissent.
Preferred Profile: The common themes among everyone at Lumos Capital Group are an ownership mentality, an unrelenting passion for investigation and learning, and an ability to thrive in ambiguity while searching for truth. We are also all incredibly passionate about our core sectors, and empowering the next generation of great education and workforce companies. We are looking for others who share these values.
The skills we are seeking in this role include: strong critical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity, fluency with financial modeling, enthusiasm for working in a small entrepreneurial team, a solid business background and strong writing and overall communication skills.
We are a values-driven organization and we seek people with unquestionable ethics and integrity. Experience in the education and human capital development sectors is helpful but not required. The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of work experience after college.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
1. Investment diligence / analysis (e.g., prior work in finance, investing (VCPE) or consulting)
2. Industry / market research (e.g., prior work understanding market drivers, dynamics and sizing, primary and secondary research, etc).
3. Scale-up growth (e.g., prior work investing, advising, evaluating or operating growth-stage companies)
4. Network-building (e.g., forging relationships with companies, founders, companies, and other market participants)
Location: New York, NY or San Francisco, CA (our team has been primarily remote through Covid)
Apply: Please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, let us know, in a few sentences, why you are interested in this role at Lumos, what is a global human capital sector insight you find intriguing, and how your prior experiences/interests/goals position you to be successful.
Start date: Summer or fall 2021 (flexible for immediate)
Compensation: Competitive salary and bonus commensurate with experience