We’re looking for a full-time Associate or Senior Associate to join our investment team. Our Associates play a central role at Lerer Hippeau, where they source and research new opportunities, diligence companies, and support our current portfolio companies. At Lerer Hippeau, we’re an inclusive and flat organization. We have a strong track record of promoting from within and helping those on our team grow in their roles at our firm. We’re excited to kick off this search.
Lerer Hippeau is the most active early-stage venture capital fund in New York. The firm has more than 250 active portfolio companies with investments in leading consumer and enterprise companies, including Allbirds, Axios, Glossier, K Health, Mirror, and Zipline. Founded by a team of operators, the firm invests across all sectors, backing entrepreneurs with product vision, customer insight, and a keen instinct for brand building.
About the Associate/Sr. Associate position:
- Grow our network and source early-stage investment opportunities in sectors including SaaS, emerging tech, healthcare, consumer, fintech, and more.
- Build and nurture relationships with current and up-and-coming founders and CEOs in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and beyond.
- Track progress of pre-seed companies, founders who recently exited, and identify and form relationships with potential future founders.
- Conduct market mapping and due diligence on potential investments, evaluating risks and opportunities.
- Continuously learn about new themes, trends, and technologies.
- Develop deal sense and conviction around companies you’re evaluating.
- You have a minimum of three years of work experience and interest in venture capital and tech.
- You are intellectually curious with strong analytical and communication skills to understand both quantitative data and qualitative evidence as we evaluate investment opportunities.
- You enjoy meeting new people and building a community. But, most importantly, you like to connect the dots.
- You are unafraid to challenge others’ perspectives and you welcome the same.
- Prior experience in venture capital or growth equity is a plus.
- Passion for emerging technologies, SaaS, and/or fintech is a plus.
This role will eventually be based in NYC, though the whole team is currently remote through Summer 2021. Fill out the application here.