This role provides a unique opportunity within life science venture capital to be part of a venture philanthropy effort driving new investments in strategic partnership with a leading disease focused foundation (JDRF). The fund is focused on investing in type 1 diabetes (T1D) opportunities across a range of modality, clinical stage, financial stage and geography.
The ideal candidate will have both a science and business background. The candidate should have an advanced degree in life sciences and/or medicine along with business experience in venture capital, management consulting, investment banking, equity research or business or corporate development in life sciences. T1D expertise is a positive but not required.
The Associate will be expected to operate in a start-up environment and exhibit independence and leadership capabilities. The position will frequently interact with our external stakeholders in industry and venture capital, as well as stakeholders at JDRF. The position will be based in Boston and will require some travel (COVID-19 situation permitting). The position is available immediately and has long-term potential for advancement within the fund.
- Conduct scientific due diligence in partnership with internal JDRF staff and outside experts.
- Conduct business due diligence including investment-specific diligence, market analysis, financial modeling, and primary and secondary research.
- Assist in sourcing new investment opportunities through analysis of scientific and market data, building industry relationships and attending industry events.
- Active role in deal pipeline monitoring and management.
- Prepare and maintain internal documentation on potential investments/portfolio. companies, including investment memos.
- Actively engage in on-going portfolio management including presentations and financial models
- Support portfolio company investments by coordinating interactions and conducting alliance management activities between the investee and the T1D Fund and/or JDRF (typically structured as a Project Advisory Committee)
- Demonstrated passion for life sciences with an advanced degree in a relevant discipline.
- Must have a strong interest in working for a mission driven, team-oriented organization.
- Ability to work and exhibit leadership in a dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be able to pro-actively prioritize competing demands and deliver high-quality results.
- Experience with corporate finance, equity financing, and relevant financial modeling.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience in venture capital, strategic consulting, investment banking, equity research or business or corporate development is required.
- Experience with Type 1 Diabetes or related therapeutic areas or disciplines (immunology, metabolic disease, regenerative medicine, etc.) is a plus but not a requirement.
IF interested, please apply here.