At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect.We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as theirmost authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together,let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
University Hiring Program Eligibility Requirements:
- University Enrollment: Must be currently enrolled in and returning to an accredited degree-seeking academic program or other academic fellowship.
- Internship Work Period: Must be available to work part-time during a 6-12month period, with flexibility to work increased hours during the summer period or college holidays. 2022 start date is flexible to selected candidate’s availability.
Intuitive Ventures Description
Intuitive Ventures invests in and accelerates the digital, therapeutic, diagnostic, and device ecosystems of minimally invasive care. Our unique access to Intuitive’s industry-leading knowledge, care delivery innovation, and commercial reach, empowers us to cultivate the potential of startups that are advancing positive outcomes in healthcare. Through our inaugural $100 million fund, Intuitive Ventures is focused on accelerating the future of minimally invasive care by moving the ecosystem forward.
Primary Function of Position: We are seeking a Scholar Associate to work within the Intuitive Ventures team to support transaction and deal execution activities, as well as market landscaping and deal diligence, associated with innovative healthcare technology companies and the startup ecosystem. Learning outcomes from this role will include:
- Deep exposure to venture capital, frontier healthcare technologies and entrepreneurial ecosystems
- Learn the principles and processes related to venture capital investing transactions, from sourcing to diligence to deal execution
- Working in a cross-disciplinary environment with technical experts, scientists/engineers, corporate colleagues, investors and an external ecosystem of innovators
Roles & Responsibilities
The Scholar Associate will support with the following responsibilities:
- Building a market landscape in a specific vertical of cutting-edge healthcare technologies to ultimately form a nuanced investment thesis in the field
- Attending company pitches and providing input and analysis on specific opportunities reviewed by the team
- Supporting deal sourcing for new technology and startup opportunities across medical device and digital domains through personal network and research and outreach
- Supporting diligence and deal execution, including the analysis of company materials, financial reports, developing competitive landscapes and supporting the preparation of investment memos and presentations for Intuitive Venture’s Investment Committee.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
MS, MD, PhD) In a Biological Science Or Biomedical Engineering Discipline And/or Work Experience In Consulting, Financial Services, Investing Or Startups With Deep Knowledge Of The Healthcare/ Life Science Ecosystems, Including
Graduate level study (e.g.
- Strong analytic and research skills and ability to communicate complex ideas and synthesized insights in simple written and verbal formats
- Fluency in technical healthcare topics, and an ability to learn about new technologies quickly.
- Some experience with financial analysis and modeling including interrogation of financial statements and building P&L projections and waterfall analyses in Microsoft Excel.
- Self-starter and ability to work effectively across multiple teams, projects and deadlines
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
If interested, please apply here.