The Venture Capital Senior Associate is a key full-time member of the H Venture Partners Team and will work closely with the Analyst, Advisors, and Managing Partner of the Firm supporting on key initiatives.
Geographies covered: North America
H Venture Partners is a consumer-focused venture firm. As we raise our second fund and begin deploying capital, we seek to bring on a Senior Associate with experience in consumer and in finance. This person will have the rare and exciting opportunity to drive all facets of the investment process; opportunity identification/sourcing, deal execution, and portfolio support.
What you’ll do:
o Research new markets and industry trends within the consumer technology space, conduct outreach to companies, and collaborate with H General Partners to prioritize actionable opportunities
o Sourcing, screening of consumer brand investment opportunities
o Due diligence and analysis of potential portfolio companies including valuation, returns analysis, market research, competitive landscaping, etc.
o Preparing investment memorandums to be presented to the internal Investment Committee
o Actively assessing the performance of portfolio companies and preparing quarterly reports for investors
o Writing thought leadership pieces to be shared with press, on social media, and webinars
o External investor marketing initiatives (e.g., newsletters, direct mail, RFPs, event planning)
o Supporting the operations of existing portfolio companies
o Supporting fundraising
o Administrative tasks
o Create processes and infrastructures to ensure long-term scalability of H’s investment process
What we’re looking for:
• Strategically-minded with an eye for disruptive innovation and comfort with the sciences
• Possess a solid understanding and application of accounting, corporate finance, market fundamentals and applications
• Possess a solid understanding of venture capital / private equity, startups, consumer brands, and investment banking
• Be proficient with valuation analytics and modeling techniques
• Have an understanding of the Consumer / Retail industry: food, beverage, beauty, apparel
• Have the ability to quickly and intuitively analyze and correctly interpret data, including financial statements and source documents. Detect trends and themes in quantitative analyses and communicate them effectively
• Have a working knowledge of market fundamentals (e.g., impact of economic/market conditions, terminology, competitive landscape, etc.)
• Excellent writing, research, and presentation skills (verbal, written, visual)
• Ability to convey messages clearly and concisely
• Excellent visual design / aesthetic skills
• Take initiative to develop new ideas and bring them to more experienced team members
• 5-10 years of work experience post Bachelor’s
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, MBA ideal
• Financial analysis and financial modeling (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow) – advantage, not a requirement; training available
• Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills
• Strong problem-solving skills; ability to quickly ramp up on multiple topics
• Attention to detail and professionalism
• Responsive, reliable team member
• Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into meaningful conclusions / recommendations; good business judgment
• Strong planning and project management capabilities
• Ability to manage / interact effectively with multiple stakeholders
• Proficiency in all Microsoft applications (esp. Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Proficiency in social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative suite (advantage, not a requirement; training available)
• Proficiency in Apple Keynote (advantage, not a requirement; training available)
• Video editing (advantage, not a requirement; training available)
• Fluency in English required; fluency in Spanish an advantage
We are investing in a beautiful life.
We also want you to have one.
I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. – Maya Angelou
• Competitive (salary, bonus)
• One Team, One Dream – A chance to work alongside world-class talent in a collaborative culture that is respectful, inclusive, diverse, and inspiring.
• Health Coverage
• Work/Life/Family Flex PTO Policy
• Training (financial modeling, design, etc.)
• Membership & Professional Development
• Travel (New York, San Francisco, Chicago, LA are primary markets)
• Swag (consumer brand samples)
• Comfortably designed offices located on Hyde Park Square
• Generous vacation policy (PTO)
• Opportunity for advancement (partnership career path with equity)
Team & Career Path
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. – African Proverb
We are supported by world-class Limited Partners, General Partners, and Advisors. You’ll report to the Partners and Principal. You will manage several and their support of your work and your support of their development is critical to our success.
Partner/General Partner: Most senior level at the firm. Typically, although not always, one of the founders. Proven investment track record. Experienced deal maker and board member.
Principal: Investment professional with early experience originating and leading their own investments. Accomplished executor with board of director experience. Leads and manages deals for the firm. Personal track record not yet extensive. Deal quarterback; responsible for high-level company and business plan analysis. Leads due diligence and manages service providers and financing. Develops proprietary network of contacts for due diligence and deal-flow generation. Works closely with the portfolio and might have board exposure or seats.
Analysts & Associates: Responsible for sourcing, screening, and analyzing companies and business plans, conducting due diligence, and working with service providers under the direction of the Principals and Partners.
About H Venture Partners
H Venture Partners is a seed, venture and early growth equity fund focused on emerging consumer brands in North America. We invest in the iconic brands of tomorrow: high growth brands in the essential categories (food, beverage, beauty, personal care, home care, apparel, consumer devices, etc.). Over 30,000 brands are launching and only 9 funds are focused on this category and stage. We use a proprietary sourcing methodology that leverages 24 sources and five different types of data to track 30,000 brands and scorecard to select our investments.
Our team is made up of consumer experts who have scaled $1Bn+ brands. We’ve operated, invested in, and advised over 100 consumer brands in every category. We provide support that is unique in venture: brand management, retail distribution, D2C marketing, capital formation, and strategy.
H provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences.
If interested, please apply here.