Devonshire Investments is the private investment arm of Fidelity, which makes investments across asset classes, including real estate, private equity, and venture capital. The firm also makes direct investments and operates several fully owned companies. Fidelity has a fifty-year history on the venture side and has had the privilege of backing many great companies in technology and healthcare, including Atari, MCI, Nuance, Alibaba, Ultragenyx, Innovent and Denali, among others. Today Devonshire, its US focused venture capital funds (F-Prime Capital), and its international sister fund (Eight Roads Ventures) are among the largest global VC firms in the world with several billion dollars under management, 300+ portfolio companies and over 100 investment professionals across our global platform. The Disruptive Science Fund is a recently formed platform to focus on early stage VC investments in scientific breakthroughs and deep tech.
The Expertise You Have
- Ph.D. required and research interests in a scientific field, preferably in physics, material science or computer science
- Proven interest in emerging technologies and disruptive science with a view on future trends
- Familiarity with early stage startups in operating, consulting or investing roles preferred
- Ability to grasp business concepts and implications of corporate finance and accounting
- Post-academic work experience is preferable (2+ years for an Associate, 5+ years for a Principal)
The Skills You Bring
- Well-developed interpersonal and networking skills; must be able to build relationships both internally and externally and share strategic insights across a large organization.
- Outstanding integrity, strong work ethic, and innate respect for colleagues and entrepreneurs
- Creativity, vision and flexibility combined with strong analytical skills and judgment
- Intellectual curiosity across fields
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be direct, concise and analytical
- Self-motivated and comfortable with autonomy, yet humble, transparent and communicative.
The Value You Deliver
- You will own the technical and scientific evaluation of investment opportunities in emerging disruptive science including, but not limited to, advanced computing, energy, materials, and natural resources.
- You will be part of a new investment team to develop and evaluate new opportunities and help handle existing portfolio companies.
- You will report to the Managing Director of the fund but will also support the investing activities of other senior members of the team.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
If interested, please apply here.