The successful candidate will join as a Senior Associate in the growing Credit Opportunities business at CoVenture in New York.
CoVenture is an alternative asset manager, focused on underwriting and originating emerging and novel asset classes created upon the foundation of robust technology. CoVenture currently executes this theme across two principal investment platforms: Credit Opportunities and Venture Capital.
CoVenture’s Credit Opportunities platform identifies novel origination businesses which utilize technology to observe previously unobservable data points throughout the underwriting process. We provide asset-backed lending facilities to originators who are inventing a new type of credit or materially improve an existing form of credit. For example, we finance (i) a business that purchases libraries of YouTube videos, (ii) a company that provides small business loans to e-commerce companies, (iii) a company that finances perishable produce, (iv) a business that factors invoices from digital media companies, and several others.
- Act as the “goalie” for the investment team, assuring no missed details or uncovered potential risks
- Coordinate due diligence on new investments and ongoing diligence of existing investments
- Review legal documents, including the negotiation and execution of transactions documents
- Work with portfolio companies to help launch new products and due diligence new potential loans or acquisitions
- Screen and model new potential transactions
- Monitor regulatory developments, economic and industry data and macro events
CoVenture seeks to hire an individual who is particularly detail-oriented, to the point where it may have led to your friends making fun of you in the past. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- 1 – 5 years of work experience, preferably within structured finance, direct lending or other roles in the financial services or legal industries (including servicing and collections, restructuring, operational due diligence, etc.)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Previous experience reviewing legal documents
- Entrepreneurial drive and desire to help grow and develop a business
- Strong communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to write effectively
- An ability to manage projects independently and to completion
If interested, please apply here.