Citi Ventures is Citi’s corporate innovation engine and the Citi Ventures Investing (CVI) team focuses on identifying and investing in entrepreneurs who will help define the future of financial services. CVI seeks to invest in distinctive fintech startups and to be a value added investor by identifying opportunities for the startup to enter into commercial relationships with Citi and/or Citi’s clients to scale, as well as to refine its products and roadmaps. Through its engagement with distinctive startups, CVI seeks to help Citi and Citi’s ICG clients to stay at the cutting edge of innovation.
The CVI team is seeking a highly motivated individual to (a) network with the external ecosystem, Citi colleagues, and selected ICG clients to identify and get to know exciting fintech trends and startups and develop investment thesis, (b) source and execute investments in distinctive fintech startups, (c) monitor portfolio companies, and (d) drive commercializations. The role is based in New York.
The CVI team is seeking a highly motivated individual to help source, diligence, and invest in distinctive fintech startups while introduce existing and hot prospective portfolio companies to Citi colleagues and ICG Clients to help deliver our dual objectives. The role is in New York.
Position Scope & Responsibilities:
- Network with the external ecosystem, Citi colleagues and selected ICG clients
- Network with VCs and startup founders; organize and attend venture capital and startup ecosystem events
- Develop investment theses leveraging internal and external signals: (i) engage with Citi colleagues and ICG clients to understand their strategic priorities and roadmaps; (ii) conduct market research on emerging industry trends, deal flow, and specific startups
- Prepare presentations on relevant industry trends and organize domain sessions and startup workshops for Citi colleagues and ICG clients
- Source and execute investments in distinctive fintech startups
- Source, screen and track dealflow proactively (research-based targeted outreach) and reactively (intros from CVI’s and the candidate’s networks)
- Conduct due diligence on potential investments in collaboration with deal leads
- Create investment decks, models, and deal memos
- Own the deal approval governance process
- Monitor and support portfolio companies
- In partnership with deal lead, support the post-investment portfolio monitoring process
- Help portfolio companies align product roadmaps with key industry challenges
- Drive commercializations
- Introduce existing and prospective portfolio companies to Citi colleagues and ICG clients for commercialization purposes
- Help navigate Citi with periodic check-ins and/back channeling
Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in either venture investing (at a venture capital or growth equity firm or in corporate venture investing) or in technology-focused investment banking
- Bachelor’s degree from a top college or university, preferably in an analytical discipline (computer science is a plus)
- Drive and ability to collaborate in teams and work independently
- Ability to articulate and debate opinions on potential investments
- Ability to navigate a large financial services organization and to engage executives from Citi and Citi Clients
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Program Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
IF interested, please apply here.