You are the tip of the spear, constantly meeting entrepreneurs and innovators on the bleeding edge of technology and business in the hottest city in the United States for tech and innovation. You know what’s hot and who’s hot and where the best entrepreneurs gather and hang out. You drive deal flow into our VIP Accelerator and Investment Fund and then pitch your startups to the decision-makers. You coach founders so when they pitch to Capital Factory they are well prepared and impress our executives, mentors, and investors.
You’ll focus on getting to know all of the entrepreneurs, mentors, and investors who are already at Capital Factory because some of our best deal flow comes from the community who work with us or attend our events. You will manage our most important relationships with accelerators, venture funds, universities, and you’ll create more. Finally, you actually help raise funding from limited partners and engage other strategic partners. You will get ten years of venture capital experience in three years’ time because of the large volume of startups and venture deals that you will be exposed to.
Once companies are invited to partner with Capital Factory, you will help maintain relationships with startups and constantly be on the lookout for opportunities to get them exposure to potential employees, investors, customers and other VIP’s through Capital Factory.
About Capital Factory…
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Last year more than 200,000 entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gathered day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. We meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to investors, employees, mentors, and customers. According to Pitchbook Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2013.
- You have experience working with fast growing startups
- You are analytical and can do independent research on the internet
- You are outgoing and can talk to just about anyone
- You have experience in an emerging tech vertical – robotics, medtech, fintech, etc
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems.
- You are available to work at least 55 hours per week
- You plan to stay in Austin and fully commit to this position for 2+ years
- You can work well in both physical office space and virtually
- You understand virtual etiquette
About our Team…
- We have a passion for startups and technology
- We are transparent and we over-communicate
- We have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. We’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, top VC’s, a fortune 500 CEO, and even the President of the United States.
- You are excited to work out of our office in Houston and have reliable transportation.
- We have a quiet place with fast internet where we can work remotely.
- We have a reliable laptop computer and a smartphone.
- We are security-aware. We have a passcode on our computers and phones and use a password manager.
- We are available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week.
- We get to Inbox Zero every day.
You’ll know you’re successful if…
- Founders are well prepared and impress mentors and investors with their pitch
- You sponsor 4+ startups who get accepted into the Accelerator each month and they get funded and noticed by our investors, mentors, and partners
- Every week people regularly reach out to you to ask for an introduction or make one
- You accurately and promptly score at least 40 leads a month in Hubspot
- Entrepreneurs, mentors and investors love working with you and think you are super helpful
- Capital Factory is operating remotely when possible through the end of 2020 and will re-assess towards the end of the year. We currently have a presence in Austin, Houston, and Dallas.
- 4 weeks paid vacation (one week is between Christmas and New Year’s) includes all personal and sick days
- Personal health, dental and vision insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Coworking membership at Capital Factory
- Downtown parking space
- Access to onsite gym
If interested, please apply here.