Camber Partners is a control, growth equity fund focused on sub-$10m ARR SaaS companies. Camber uses a shared services model to unlock growth that was often not realized prior to our investment. Specifically, we deploy experienced, Silicon Valley-trained operators across multiple companies to fill the Go-To-Market execution gaps that subscale SaaS companies typically suffer from. The team has operating and investing experience from Zendesk (ZEN), Dropbox (DBX), Pipedrive, PandaDoc, and Playdom (DIS) among others. The investment principals at Camber have a top decile investment track record across 15 years of software investing. Camber Partners is backed by major endowments, foundations, fund of funds, and family offices.
Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Associate will be first non-partner investment professional hired by the firm. You will work closely with the investing and operating partners. Key responsibilities include:
- Sourcing and screening potential software investments around the world – you must establish credibility and add value quickly in conversations based on your prior experience and Camber’s internal growth playbooks and technologies
- Deal Execution – you will support and ultimately lead deal execution for transactions including majority/minority investments and recapitalizations, add-on acquisitions and debt financings
- Represent Camber Partners – The applicant will interface with and jointly manage relationships with venture capital firms, private equity firms, investment banks, and industry corporate development leaders
- Data Analysis – you will create operating plans, industry analyses, and use alternative data and in-house proprietary technology to identify investment opportunities and market trends.
You will be highly credible in the following domains:
- SaaS Operating Experience, as demonstrated by operational experience at a high-growth SaaS company, with special preference given to Product-Led Growth (PLG) companies
- Transaction Experience, as demonstrated by at least two years spent in investment banking, corporate development or private equity
- Analytical Depth, as demonstrated by prior work experience (for example, in data science, consulting, growth roles) or by education (for example, in engineering, math, science)
- Entrepreneurship, just about anything counts, even lemonade stands
- MBA optional, BS preferred
Camber Partners is headquartered in San Francisco, but our entire team is working remotely.
We encourage anyone to apply that may be interested, even if you feel you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. To be considered for the role, please send your resume and the following:
- Tell us about a time you used data and analytics to drive an exceptional business outcome, ideally in a software operating context
- Please highlight your demonstrated successes with the first 4 bullets listed under Requirements
Thank you and we look forward to getting to know you!
If interested, please apply here.