Bessemer Venture Partners (BVP) is the oldest venture capital firm in the world, carrying on a tradition of venture investing that has continued since 1911. With a presence in Silicon Valley, Boston, New York, Israel, and India, the firm manages one of the largest venture and growth equity funds in the industry. Over the past 30 years, BVP has taken more than 122 companies public and generated top-decile venture returns.
BVP was an early investor in countless companies that have fundamentally changed industries, including Skype, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Yelp, Twilio, Procore, Sendgrid, Cornerstone OnDemand, Shopify, Pagerduty, Docusign, Box, Wix, Instructure and many others. BVP invests across investment stages and across all areas of high technology—including Internet, software, digital media, healthcare IT, and financial services.
BVP is seeking a full time post-MBA Senior Associate (or 2-4 years of experience) to identify and diligence investment opportunities in the venture-growth practice. The investing role will primarily include the following activities across seed to growth stage investing:
- Research in various sectors to identity leading venture opportunities.
- Proactive outreach and conversations with CEOs of leading software businesses.
- Various roadmapping exercises to discover new areas of investment.
- Building relationships with CEOs and world-class management teams.
- Financial and business due-diligence.
- Board experience.
The role will provide the opportunity to develop venture capital experience at one of the leading venture firms and develop strong insights and relationships in the technology industry.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for software investing.
- Strong financial analytical skills.
- Lead key pieces of diligence on investment opportunities and deal processes (e.g. deal memo drafting, financial and analytics modeling, market analysis, customer feedback and generating industry landscapes).
- Proactively sourcing new deal opportunities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the role, please send your resume to Trevor Neff at firstname.lastname@example.org.