We are looking for a Senior Associate to join our US-based investment team. The ideal candidate has an MBA with experience working in investment banking, management consulting, or at an early stage, venture-backed technology company. Alternative backgrounds will be considered for candidates with demonstrated analytical ability and experience in innovation. Primary responsibilities will be sourcing new opportunities, researching markets, evaluating deals, and conducting detailed due diligence. The individual will work across all four of our
primary industry verticals – SaaS, PropTech, Industrial/Supply Chain Innovation, Digital Health, and FinTech. This requires maturity, flexibility, a willingness to learn, and proven record of taking ideas and quickly turning them into action.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop investment theses. Our Senior Associates are closest to the markets and drive large pieces of our investment blueprint.
- Source new investment opportunities based on investment themes and research.
Deal screening and evaluation
- Evaluate and assess the viability of investment materials we receive from potential companies.
Deal process utility player
- Proactively source deals in market through an established network.
- Lead key pieces of diligence on investment opportunities and deal processes (e.g., audit, tax, legal, financial modeling, etc.).
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Passion for early stage (Seed and Series A) disruptive technology.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience strongly preferred (e.g., top-tier consulting firm, investment bank, operating experience either at a technology company or early-stage, venture funded business, or equivalent)
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills and business writing capabilities.
- Prior VC/PE investing experience not required, but a plus.
- MBA strongly preferred, or equivalent relevant industry experience.
The ideal candidate has strong analytical abilities and is intellectually curious – particularly in terms of new and
- Awareness of the market and a perspective on potential investable market trends.
- Experience distilling ideas and insights into clean, digestible formats (e.g., slides, documents) required.
- Experience with detailed financial modeling including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements as well as quantitative market research (e.g. valuation comps) required.
- Exposure to core venture capital “math” skills (e.g., cap table, returns modeling) and familiarity with standard venture terms and concepts a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to help us shape new portfolio investments and our own company.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, business judgment and work ethic.
ABOUT B CAPITAL:
B Capital Group is a global firm specializing in multi-stage investing in B2B and B2B2C companies that are transforming large traditional industries across borders and geographies. Leveraging a global team of seasoned investor-experts and an exclusive partnership with The Boston Consulting Group, B Capital Group helps startups navigate business challenges, raise capital, and attract talented leadership at key points of their journeys to scale. We invest in Enterprise technology (e.g. consumer enablement technologies, enterprise application
software, infrastructure, security, AI/ML), Fintech and Insurtech, Industrial and Transportation, and HealthcareTech and Bio IT. Our portfolio includes global, high-potential and market-leading companies like Atomwise, Bounce, Centivo, Evidation Health, Icertis, Innovacer, Khatabook, Kopi Kenangan, Ninja Van, Notable Labs, Payfazz, SilverCloud Health, Synack, Ula, and YaloChat. For more information, visit http://www.bcapgroup.com/.
B CAPITAL GROUP CORE VALUES:
- Honest – We speak the truth to others and ourselves, but always with positive intent. We hold ourselves accountable, we are intellectually honest, and we are not afraid to say what we know and what we don’t.
- Open – We are constantly evolving, and always looking for ways to better ourselves and our communications, to increase transparency, and improve as a team.
- Trustworthy – Our people and the culture are the heart of our business. We are self-aware, supportive, and trust ourselves and each other.
- Humble – As we advance, we stay humble and never declare victory, knowing that every finish line is the beginning of a new race. When we operate with low ego, we are open to new perspectives, allowing us to learn and improve.
- Collaborative – We are one team. We know that no one person has all the answers, and we work to lift each other up, knowing that we are better together. We bring the best of our firm to every interaction, leveraging our partners. Our successes and failures are equally shared.
- Bold – We are bold and willing to take risks and understand that means that we will at times fail. We learn from our failures, we don’t repeat them and are constantly striving to be better.
- Persistent – To build enduring success, the long-term must prevail over the short-term. Sometimes winning in the long-term looks like losing in the short-term. We persevere, with the enduring perspective that our race is a marathon, not a sprint.
IF interested, please apply here.