Associate/Senior Associate (Healthcare)
Ardent Venture Partners (AVP) is a $100M early-stage venture fund focused on companies that are transforming the way we work. Our General Partners have over 50+ years of experience investing with a proven track record of successful investments.
We are looking for a self-driven candidate with a deep interest in the intersection of healthcare technology and venture capital. The right associate will have 3-5 years of experience in healthcare consulting, finance, or operations. Relevant focus areas include: healthcare payers (both commercial and public), healthcare delivery (both hospitals and practices), and/or healthcare technology. The right candidate’s background will facilitate his or her quickly judging whether a new technology will or won’t reshape the future of care. We strongly encourage individuals who are under-represented in the VC industry to apply.
In this role your primary responsibilities will be:
Perform market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Support data and investment team in sourcing and evaluating deals
- Develop market maps specific to investment thesis
- Tackle ad hoc projects and tasks that support investment decision-making
Perform due diligence
- Help evaluate deal opportunities by gathering information and researching competitors
- Support the creation of investment memos and analysis for various meeting materials
- Perform quantitative and qualitative company and/or fund diligence
Support general operations
- Maintain and streamline our operational support tool systems (CRM, Data room, etc…)
- Attend GP, LP, and company meetings alongside other team members
- Create company and/or LP materials/decks
You might be a fit for this role if you have:
- MBA preferred
- Healthcare industry experience required
- 3+ years of consulting, investment banking, or startup experience
- Experience developing executive ready slide decks/presentations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
To apply, please send an updated resume to email@example.com.
Ardent Venture Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.