01 Advisors is a boutique firm focused on growth stage companies. We are seeking a highly motivated associate to join our small team to have a meaningful impact within our investment process. The role requires maturity, flexibility, intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of taking ideas and quickly turning them into action.
The associate will work side-by-side with the investment team to evaluate and source new deals through financial due diligence and industry research. You will also play a major role in conducting and preparing portfolio analysis.
- Build company models for existing portfolio companies from provided materials, including key operating metrics analysis (e.g., LTV, CAC, customer cohort analysis, etc.)
- Lead key pieces of diligence on investment opportunities:
- Evaluate and assess the viability of investment materials we receive from potential companies.
- Prepare investment summary memos highlighting investment merits and risks under guidance from the investment team
- Conduct industry due diligence and authoring research summary reports with the primary goals of: highlighting key trends and investment merits/risks, quantifying TAM, identifying major competitors, and proving comparable valuations
- Source new investment opportunities based on investment themes and research.
- Develop market research and investment thesis to guide sourcing efforts.
- 2 years venture firm experience or equivalent in a corporate development role
- 2 years investment banking experience
- Experience with detailed financial modeling including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements
- Understands quantitative market research and ability to calculate and present industry comparable valuation and performance data across technology sub-industries (e.g., e-commerce, SaaS, fintech, etc)
- Awareness of the market and a perspective on potential investable market trends.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills and ability to synthesize and large amounts of data into succinct written summaries and presentations
You have an:
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Overall maturity, resilience, and a positive attitude
- A commitment to the team
- Uncompromising integrity
If interested, please apply here.