Flourish is a venture firm that invests in entrepreneurs whose innovations help people achieve financial health and prosperity. We believe that a well-functioning and fair financial system helps people seize opportunities, better manage risks, and improve their lives. We support entrepreneurs who share this vision and have bold ideas that seek to change the system for the better.
As an evergreen venture fund backed by eBay founder Pierre Omidyar, we invest at the early stage and deploy patient capital with a long-term perspective. We are thesis-driven and seek ventures across a variety of frontier themes such as challenger banks, personal finance, insurance, and other infrastructure technologies that empower people. In addition to our venture investments, we also partner with policymakers, thought leaders, and innovative regulators.
We spun out of Omidyar Network in Q1 2019 with a new $300 million commitment to accelerate our work with more autonomy. Our existing portfolio of $200 million in assets under management has supported the work of pioneering companies that have created entirely new sectors in financial services, and elevated the financial standing of millions of individuals, families, and small businesses globally. Our global portfolio includes more than 40 fintech companies and 10 ecosystem investments across several geographies and sub-sectors. Recent US activity includes for-profit investments in companies such as Unit, Skipify, SeedFi, Steady, Propel, and Hummingbird, and research grants for ecosystem leaders such as the Financial Health Network (FHN).
By joining Flourish, you will become part of a culturally and geographically diverse team, who strives to be close to the entrepreneurs we support and to understand the people they serve. You will forge partnerships with entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and policy innovators to shape a more inclusive global economy.
We are seeking a Senior Investment Analyst to join our team based in Washington D.C., for a ~24-month analyst position focused on our US Financial Health portfolio.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for helping to source and evaluate new investment opportunities, perform due diligence and market research, and support existing portfolio companies. The analyst program features the chance to work closely with C-suite leaders at exciting fast-growth start-ups, and gain direct exposure to the early stage venture capital ecosystem.
This individual’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Actively contribute to managing the investment pipeline and evaluating new business ideas;
- Support due diligence and deal execution efforts for prospective investments (e.g., assess business plans; conduct market scans and competitive analyses; build financial models; prepare investment memoranda);
- Evaluate market trends and help to develop perspectives on emerging investment themes (e.g., industry market landscapes);
- Facilitate portfolio engagement efforts and post-close performance management;
- Communicate and collaborate internally to advance Flourish’s strategy and mission, and support on a variety of events and projects, as needed.
Education, Experience And Skills Requirements
- 2-4 years of professional experience conducting company evaluation and financial analyses at an investment bank, venture capital / private equity fund, corporate investment role, management consulting firm, or operating role;
- Strategic thinker with outstanding analytical, deal evaluation, and Excel modeling skills;
- High-energy and independent self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit, and great teammate;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Intellectual curiosity about and/or direct experience working in the financial services sector;
- Prior demonstrated interest in / experience with creating positive social impact.
If interested, please apply here.