Fifth Down Capital is multi-stage investment firm that focuses on private companies in the enterprise software, consumer and fintech industries. We aim to back extraordinary individuals leveraging technology to create, reimagine, or enhance the future of our society. We invest in early and growth-stage businesses and currently have an active roster of 100 private investments. Investments have included BlockFi, Coupang, Collectable, Gusto, Mosaic, SpaceX, and Tatcha.
Fifth Down has been, and desires to remain, a nimble team. This position will entail significant responsibility and work ethic, as you will work directly with the firm’s three Partners across all aspects of the portfolio. As a member of the investment team, your primary role will be to assist in the evaluation of potential investments and the management of our growing portfolio. You will have direct interaction with the partners, operating partners, portfolio company management teams, and key members of the unique Fifth Down network.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting investment due diligence, evaluation and recommendations
- Building and maintaining financial and operating models
- Preparing investment memoranda and related analyses
- Collaborating with portfolio companies by spearheading analysis, and providing hands-on support for management teams
- Undertaking industry research for diligence, thought leadership and new sector theses
- Building internal data infrastructure to track relationships with co-investors, fund managers, and key firm contacts
- Maintaining databases to identify and source new investment opportunities, and business development for portfolio companies
- Assisting on investor communications and fund operations
- 1-3+ years of professional experience in technology or finance (including venture capital, private equity, investment banking) or consulting
- Positive attitude, good instincts, and self-motivation
- Highly analytical and detailed oriented, with ability to evaluate financial statements and lead financial analysis
- Good project management, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple, complex and competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or a technical field preferred but not required
If interested, please apply here.