Primary Location: 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
Division: Cox Enterprises
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 213463
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Cox Enterprises has a rich 120-year history of building industry-leading businesses that are rooted in the mission to leave the world in a better place for the next generation. To continue to build upon this legacy, Cox Cleantech was formed in 2018 to explore new growth opportunities in clean, resource-efficient businesses.
The mission of Cox Cleantech is to design, validate and execute a growth strategy by investing in those companies that operate at the intersection of people, planet, and profit. The long-term measure of success for this group is the creation of a multi-billion-dollar revenue platform that can stand alongside our existing lines of business.
The small, but growing team assembled to build Cox Cleantech is high-performing, diverse, and agile. We share a passion for our mission and for working as a team to develop creative, fact-based solutions to complex and ambiguous questions. Cox Cleantech offers a truly unique challenge, team, and opportunity to grow.
Senior Analyst Position
The Senior Analyst position plays a critical and highly visible role in driving forward this key strategic initiative for Cox Enterprises. The primary purpose of this position is to support Cleantech Senior Directors in the development of investment strategies and in the assessment of opportunities within those areas of interest.
The role will have dynamic and intellectually challenging responsibilities that span quantitative and qualitative skill sets that are required to advance opportunities through the investment evaluation process with senior executives at Cox Enterprises. The role will also have responsibilities pertaining to the ongoing management of Cox Cleantechs portfolio companies.
To be successful in this role, you must be a team-oriented self-starter with high integrity, initiative, and drive while possessing the hard skills needed to get the work done.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform primary and secondary market research (e.g. value chain analysis, market sizing, competitive landscapes)
- Create robust financial models for entities and activities under investment consideration
- Develop and present materials that translate complicated analysis into concise and clear narratives that support opportunity progression
- Gather industry intelligence, including sector technical/market developments, financing rounds, and M&A dealflow
- Perform important group administrative processes (e.g. investment pipeline database management & reporting, scheduling meetings)
- Bachelors Degree – high record of academic achievement
- Minimum 2 years work experience at a top-tier investment bank, strategy consulting firm, venture capital firm, or corporate development role
- Track record of consistently high levels of achievement
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct complex analysis and present data in a meaningful way
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Strong analytical, research, and financial modeling skills
- Ability to develop sophisticated PowerPoint presentations
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Open-minded, flexible, and willing to listen to other peoples opinions
- Experience in our sectors of interest (food & agriculture, energy, and/or water) is preferred, but not required
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
If interested, please apply here.