ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We’re growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers’ and employees’ lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we’re on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Senior Associate, Corporate Development
Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow is the fastest-growing enterprise company over $1 billion. The company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldn’t be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud-based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done.
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow lets them run smarter, faster, better. And it helps people spend their time on work that’s meaningful, not menial.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
As a Senior Associate on the Corporate Development team, this role will support all aspects of the acquisition and investment lifecycle including sourcing, diligence, execution and monitoring. Reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate Development, this role will require you to work closely with business leaders in product, engineering, sales, and finance.
You will be expected to be a key individual contributor on our Corporate Development team. You will build thoughtful financial models, perform research and analysis, engage with external market participants, and create key deliverables that shape our views on the direction of the company. You are expected to be able to collaborate and communicate across cross-functional teams to ensure deal success.
Preferred candidates will have 3+ years of professional technology industry work experience in a mix of investment banking, venture capital, private equity and / or corporate development roles with prior deal execution experience in Enterprise Software or Technology.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build relationships and collaborate within Corporate Development as well as key internal business, product, GTM and engineering stakeholders across ServiceNow on M&A and venture investment discussions
- Support deal teams in all aspects of the transaction lifecycle including strategy planning, business case development, due diligence & execution
- Own the development of detailed financial analysis to support and guide thinking on M&A and venture investment opportunities, including origination of key analyses in collaboration with finance stakeholders to evaluate target and pro forma financial impact
- Be the “go to” individual on all aspects of business valuation, financial and M&A transaction modeling
- Support post-acquisition integration planning / execution and investment monitoring
- Research strategic markets, identify and keep abreast of trends, and translate findings into actionable insights
- Assist in building and developing network of relationships with entrepreneurs, venture / private equity investors, bankers, and others to actively maintain unique insights into the market
- Develop an externally-oriented viewpoint on relevant market segments, including via participation in conferences, trade shows, and sourcing efforts, and share insights internally with ServiceNow business units
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Top tier undergraduate degree
- Minimum 3+ years of professional technology industry work experience in a mix of investment banking, venture capital, private equity or corporate development
- Strong understanding and passion for the software / SaaS domain including understanding of key business drivers and performance indicators (e.g. ACV / TCV, subscription billings, expansion rates, sales headcount productivity)
- Strong understanding and familiarity with fundamental business valuation methodologies (multiples based approaches, DCF) and M&A modeling (3 statement models, accretion / dilution, breakeven synergies, deal financing structures, etc.)
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills for internal audiences (including business unit executives) and external interactions; ability to adapt presentations for big picture and in-depth discussions
- Excellent analytical / financial skills and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative high-growth environment
- Bachelor’s degree with strong track record of academic performance
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
If interested, please apply here.