Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with best-in-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. Our team exclusively works with software and services startups that have the potential to complement Samsung’s outstanding consumer hardware. Our innovation model blends the best of both worlds: the agility of a startup with the scale of one of the world’s leading consumer electronics companies.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Product: designs and builds software experiences to transform the way we work and live
- Ventures: invests in startups that have the potential to scale by using the Samsung ecosystem
- Partnerships: build partnerships with innovative companies to enrich Samsung products and services
- M&A: acquires groundbreaking companies to bring their products and services to consumers worldwide
Role: Diverse Founders Initiative (DFI) Intern: We are on a mission to identify, elevate, and empower overlooked Diverse Founders (Black, Latinx, and Women) through the key functions of Samsung NEXT.
Location: Remote, with frequent contact with through video conferencing tools
Duration: 10 Weeks (Mid July targeted start date)
- Investment Thesis
- Market Research: Conduct market research to refine Samsung NEXT’s Future Consumer investment thesis which sits at the crossroads of demographic, technological, and social shifts.
- Industry Analysis: Assist with the development of industry-specific theses in areas such as FinTech, media, and health & wellness
- Investment Analysis & Execution
- Sourcing: Source, monitor, track, and sector map, startups relevant to our theses.
- Screening: Review investment opportunities, including analysis of company overview decks and meetings with entrepreneurs.
- Analysis/ Due Diligence: Conduct initial research on investment opportunities, including financial and strategic analyses.
- Communication: Write short investment memos on start-ups that are a strategic fit for Samsung Electronics and prepare presentations for investment committee
Impact: The work generated could have visibility to the Executive Leadership Team at Samsung NEXT, including the President / Chief Innovation Officer of Samsung Electronics. This initiative centers around one of Samsung NEXT’s core macro themes: The Future of the Consumer, which we believe is more diverse, empowered, and expressive than ever.
- Require an undergraduate degree
- Passion for technologies, intellectual curiosity, and interest in our vision
- Entrepreneurial, self-learning, and creative-minded to tackle problems and to initiate valuable projects, going beyond the prescribed role and responsibilities
- Desire to drive impact at the intersections of D&I, Innovation, VC, and Entrepreneurship
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office or G-Suite to build financial models and presentations that analyze and convey data-driven hypotheses, strategies, and recommendations
- Current MBA student or recent graduate
- Minimum of 3 years prior work experience prior to MBA program
- Experience in investment banking, investment management, venture capital, consulting, consumer/technology
At Samsung NEXT, we hold the steadfast belief that diversity and inclusion is essential to realize our mission and is a must-have for us to do our best work. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If interested, please apply here.