Why join Mach49? Our ventures have over 90% success rates because of our people. Our teammates consistently outperform their own personal best because they’re driven by our mission, and because we form a supportive network of super smart, friendly, execution focused pros. You’ll be working with and learning from experienced entrepreneurs with superpowers in founding and building businesses, product, go-to-market, Venture Capital Investing and more. Through the work we accomplish our people become even more professionally chiseled, world-class experts in their respective fields. We’re also having a lot of fun as we help change the world for good. Still with us? Keep reading!
WHO ARE WE?
At Mach49 we work with Global 1000 companies to build and launch new disruptive businesses. To do this, we work side-by-side with intrapreneurial teams to take an idea (market or product concept) through customer validation, solution ideation, and prototype testing to building a fully formed business that the teams can launch. We work with the teams to instill lean startup, design-thinking, and agile development mindsets as they build out their businesses. Our process is highly customer-centric, relying on customer research as a linchpin of our overall methodology.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Our Growth and Scale team operates as long-term Board Members in Residence for newly envisioned and launched ventures, offering unbiased perspectives borne from decades of experience in venture capital investments, board leadership and startup creation. We provide critical insights through the entire Mach49 client incubation and venture acceleration journey, occasionally designing/running client new venture competitions, conducting portfolio reviews, engaging with client executive management on a range of strategy and venture formation/execution area, while also creating/defining new Mach49 business opportunities.
If you are an inquisitive individual with a knack for organization, attention to detail and problem solving, Mach49 seeks a Venture Associate to support our Growth and Scale team. This is a tremendous opportunity to build your network and learn from highly experienced former venture capitalists and current board members.
As a venture associate, you will directly support our Growth and Scale executives and the client teams they advise, through program and project management of high visibility client development:
- Bring highly developed financial and business operations analytical skills with the ability to define issues, collect and analyze pertinent data, identify alternate solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions. Bring big picture views with attention to detail critical
- Complement our Board Members in Residence throughout new venture competitions, portfolio assessments and venture builds, building expertise to learn how to execute early stages of Mach49 activities
- Coordinate all stages of new venture competitions: including program design, initial program buildout and initial screening of venture ideas
- Working with the Board Members in Residence, create and maintain project/program plans and assist with execution of various deliverables
- Collaborate with the Growth and Scale team to build the Mach49 Board Member in Residence programs based upon the continuing development and expansion of client relationships
**Please note this is not a direct investing role**
Mach49 is a unique company; as business co-founders and venture partners with our clients, we are neither like a consulting firm, nor like working at an in-house company. Joining our team means joining a global family working on the cutting edge of innovation, with benefits including:
- Working alongside and learning from some of the best product management, design, and venture capital veterans/board members from around the globe
- Growing and expanding your professional experience, network and capabilities with new topics, companies, and industries daily
- Experiencing a collaborative, respectful, and fun team culture with a shared vision for global and sustainable impact
You could be a good fit for the role if you have 3+ years of relevant experience and you are:
- Experienced: You have some understanding of frameworks, methods, lean startup and agile approaches (whether from business school or work experience)
- Flexible: You love the idea of a fast-paced startup environment where everyone chips in. You are comfortable tackling new challenges on your own, and you are as comfortable developing your own processes to efficiently work, as you are taking direction
- Self-Sufficient: You understand tight turnarounds or having to juggle multiple tasks. You know how to adapt your working style and have client experiences.
- Analytical: You know how to look at problems through a variety of different approaches and techniques. You can quickly develop secondary research and financial analyses
- High Growth/Velocity: You have been in high growth startup environments, are detailed oriented and know how to get work done, with calm approach
- Articulate: The ability to communicate effectively comes naturally to you. You can facilitate project planning and program management
If interested, please apply here.