This is a full-time role with the opportunity to work from anywhere in the USA. Travel to SF Bay Area required.
Do your best work here.Hopelab is a nonprofit social innovation lab and impact investment organization supported by The Omidyar Group, founded by philanthropists and entrepreneurs Pierre and Pam Omidyar. Working across sectors and geographies, the Omidyars have contributed more than $3 billion to causes ranging from financial inclusion, to human rights, to government accountability, and press freedom initiatives.
Hopelab strives to help create a world in which young people, in particular BIPOC and LGBTQ+ teens and young adults, are thriving, free from barriers to their mental health and wellbeing. We take a systems approach by using our unique research and youth-centered design capabilities, our financial capital, and our networks to positively shift the systems impacting the mental health of BIPOC and LGBTQ+ teens and young adults. Hopelab does this through a model of: impact investing; advisory services to investees, grantees, and other partner companies and organizations; and development of applied research to innovate in the fields of youth wellbeing and digital engagement.
The position: Impact Investments AnalystThe Impact Investments Analyst supports Hopelab’s mission by helping to source and evaluate new impact investment opportunities, perform due diligence and market research, and support existing portfolio companies. This role has the opportunity to work closely with leaders at exciting health and well-being ventures and gain direct exposure to the early stage venture capital ecosystem.
A successful Impact Investments Analyst at Hopelab will:
- Actively contribute to sourcing new investment opportunities, managing the pipeline, and evaluating new business ideas
- Support due diligence and deal execution efforts for potential investments (e.g., assess business plans, conduct market scans and competitive analyses, prepare investment memos)
- Evaluate market trends and help to develop perspectives on emerging investment themes (e.g., industry market landscapes)
- Support investees, track impact metrics, and facilitate portfolio engagement efforts and post-close performance management
- Communicate and collaborate both internally and externally to advance Hopelab’s strategy and mission, and support on a variety of events and projects, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Investments
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- 2-4 years of professional experience conducting company evaluation and financial analyses at an investment bank, management consulting firm, venture capital or private equity fund, corporate investment role, or operating role
- Strategic thinker with outstanding analytical skills
- High-energy and independent self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and comfort with ambiguity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity about and/or direct experience working in the digital health or mental health services sector
- Passion for social impact
Is this you? Please apply! Applications are due by EOD Nov 11, 2021. The ideal start date for this role is late January or early February 2022.
If interested, please apply here.