VCs do two main things: Invest in startups shaping the future of the world and generate big exits for their fund. Most funding, however, goes to white, straight (cis) men based in Silicon Valley. We’re here to change that.
We’re excited to launch Prism Investor Track, Dorm Room Fund’s 6-week masterclass supporting the next generation of queer venture investors. We’re bringing together a select cohort of talented LGBTQ+ students to gain a new community and learn from the best startup investors in the business. We’re discussing things such as: fund math, evaluating a startup pitch, sourcing 101, investing in queer focused startups, and so much more!
- Lee Edwards (Root VC)
- Maria Salamanca (Unshackled VC)
- Sam Altman (YC, Open AI)
- Monica Black (Function VC)
- and more!
In particular, we are looking for:
- Undergraduate or graduate students with an anticipated graduation year of 2022 or later. (This includes incoming candidates as well)
- Community builders with a love for supporting startups in their growth and scaling
- Insatiable curiosity about all things. Whether you’re deeply curious about blockchain and NFTs or passionate about tech policy, we’d love to learn more about you.
Dates: June 12th – July 17th. Meetings every Saturday (11am-1pm PST / 2pm – 4pm EST) with events sprinkled in between!
Application Open: Now!! Deadline on May 2nd @11:59pm PST/ Check us out here https://prism.dormroomfund.com